A Life as Immigrants

Today I’m going a little too personal. I always try to share my creations and fun experiences with you all because my main purpose is to share happiness and inspiration. But the truth is that I’m as human as any of you, with lots of success and failures in my path to find my perfect life {the one that feels perfect to me}. The reason I decided to share this part of my life today is because I know I’m not the only immigrant in this world and there might be more people out there feeling the same way I do living a life as immigrants. Maybe I can be of help and maybe some other people’s experience can help us too.

A Life as Immigrants

A Life as Immigrants

Maybe many of you know I’m Latin-American. I was born in Brazil and raised in Venezuela. Ever since I was in High School, I had my life planned out. I was determined to have a bachelor degree and get my independency. I always dreamed of having my job and my apartment and really far in the future, a family. That would be kind of my graduation in life.

I got most of what I had planned for my life: I graduated with honors, I got a good job and I moved out when my parents decided to leave the country and I decided to stay. Then I moved to another city, to the capital. There I got a really nice job as a professional. I felt like my career was taking off. I met my hubby and I felt like things were going my way, except for one thing. Even having a good job with a decent salary, I still needed my parent’s financial support because life there was too expensive.

I must clarify that I lived in a tiny apartment in the suburbs that usually took me about hour and half with luck to get to my job every day. Minimum expenses, and almost no entertainment budget. I didn’t want to depend on my parents for the rest of my life. Every year I got like a 20% salary raise and the cost of life raised like 30% above. It was ridiculous. It was like I was making less money than the past year.

Life doesn’t always go as planned and I soon realized that my country wasn’t going to give me that kind of independency and quality of life I was craving for. That was so sad for me.

Now:

Thinking about leaving your country is always a sad and hard decision. It means leaving behind friends, family, material goods that often have an emotional value and start from scratch in a new and unknown place.

Seriously! It’s never, never easy.

Londong01

Our first intention was applying for a qualified working Visa to Australia. We started the process, we invested a good amount of money and somewhere in the process our profession was removed from the required jobs list.

I have 11 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on A Life as Immigrants

August 16, 2016

Cami, thanks so much for sharing your story! You are very determined and very strong. Our mommy instincts kick in and there’s literally nothing that stands in our way that can prevent us from making a better life for our little ones, immigrant or not. I am so happy you have finally found a place you can call home and friends you can make memories with.
    I, too, am an immigrant and moved to two different countries, but not by choice. It was very hard leaving everything behind and losing friends. Yes, it is easy to make new ones, but you have nobody to reminisce with. If you’re interested in my short story, you can read it here: http://all-thats-jas.com/2012/10/this-is-why.html
    Sending you hugs and smiles across the miles. You made it, girl! Be proud!!

Kathleen Jones says:
    July 27, 2016

You are so brave. I admire you and the way you have been able to “pull yourself up by your bootstraps”. I admire your courage to share your trials and tribulations with the world. There is a publication here in the U.S.( it might be world-wide) called “The Guidepost”. They publish encouraging stories to share and lift others. I suggest that you research it and send in a perhaps shorter version of your life story. It might reap more income for you. My very best wishes, from Ohio, USA.

July 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your sweet words. Also thank you for the tip, I’ll do some research on that!!!
      Appreciate you stopping by and leaving some love!

Julie says:
    July 27, 2016

With everything that is happening here in the UK after the whole Brexit fiasco this is such a timely read. You have such tenacity it’s really inspiring. My husband has worked in other countries in the past so I understand how hard being apart is, I’ve always stayed put here in the UK though, I just don’t think I’m brave enough to travel about as much as you have.
    It’s lovely to hear you feel settled now, I wish you and your lovely family all the best with whatever life brings next.

July 27, 2016

THANK YOU so much Julie. I feel honored by your sweet words. I didn’t think I was capable either. I never wanted to leave my country. I guess we find the strength when we actually need it. I do feel settle thank God! Not sure yet if this is it but feeling like this is such a a relief. I love it here and I’m sure we can make it work. I’m actually happy!

Love having you visiting Julie! Thankyou so much for your constant support. It means more than you know!
      Hugs and XOXO

July 27, 2016

Thank you for sharing your journey! You are an inspiration and a source of strength for others! Keep your spirits high and keep moving forward everyday. You have already done so many amazing things.

July 27, 2016

Thank you so much Carole, Such inspiring words. I hope I can be a source of strength for those in similar stuations. It’s not an easy journey but it is full of fulfilling moments and experiences!
      Thank you for stopping by and leaving your love!

fabiola says:
    July 26, 2016

Cami nunca habia imaginado que tu trayectoria de vida haya sido tan complicada. Viviendo en tantos paises y sin poder tener “lo tuyo” o hechar raizes como decimos. Tener que separarte de tu esposo sin saber cuando se daria ese reencuentro. Pero me alegro que has sido consistente y que tomaste decisiones e hicistes planes para que esto se diera, y no te tiraste a llorar en una esquina. Te deseo lo mejor en tu nuevo pais, que esa union familiar sea permanente al igual tu empresa de disenos de blogs. Hay algunas personas en este mundo bloguero a quienes sigo y admiro y tu eres la primera . Gracias por tu ayuda incondicional, cuenta con mi humilde ayuda siempre. Un abrazo y besos a la titi.

July 27, 2016

Hola Fabi, Pues si, muchos obstaculos y altos y bajos pero aqui estamos. De tirarme a llorar, mira, no te niego las ganas que tuve en muchos momentos pero es que no tenia ni tiempo de eso. Con la Titi alli y tanto por hacer que la verdad no me podia dar ese lujo. A veces por las noches despues que todo el mundo dormia pues me dejaba desahogar y ya, a limpiarse el rostro, respirar profundo y a empezar de nuevo un nuevo dia. Yo soy terca lo cual es bueno para algunas cosas y no tanto para otras. Yo simplemente me niego a conformarme. Es decir, conformarme con la miseria, con vivir separados, con la inseguridad, con la escaces. Puedo aceptar vivir sin lujos pero si lucho por tener lo que me merezco como ser humano. La parte economica se sobre lleva, pero la parte humanitaria o esta o no esta, no me conformo con ir por la vida con miedo. Eso basicamente y mi hija han sido mis motores de vida. Lograr mi vida perfect. Que no necesariamente tiene que ser una cuenta bancaria llena de ceros. Que si llega, bienvenido sera pero si tengo para lo necesario y para darnos nuestros gusticos pues yo soy feliz.

Gracias mi Fabi por tu constante apoyo. Con eso me ayudas muchisimo!!!!
      Besos y Cariños!

July 25, 2016

Thank you girly! I’m so thankful for your friendship and constant support. It’s funny that I met you when I was barely starting my business and I was in Oman, Middle East. What a wonderful friendship came out it!!! You are one of my treasures!