Lime Streusel Muffins, tender muffins topped with sweet and crunchy streusel topping, bursting with lime flavor!
Lime Streusel Muffins
Hi there! It’s Dana from This Silly Girl’s Kitchen with a yummy breakfast treat! Or snack, or lunch, or dessert.
I love creating recipes with citrus. Especially limes, they just add such a unique flavor to dishes. But, my favorite way of cooking with them is baking! I’ve been known to dabble in quite a few lime desserts in the past; Individual Frozen Key Lime Pies, Lemon Lime Angel Food Cupcakes and Key Lime Raspberry Sandwich Cookies to name a few.
BUT, I have never created a lime treat that is geared more towards breakfast. Lo and behold, these ah-mazing Lime Streusel Muffins!
I know, it might sound a bit odd, making lime a primary flavor in muffins but IT. JUST. WORKS. You have to try them!
My favorite part had to be that super crunchy, sugary streusel topping… swoon.
- ¼ Cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2⅓ Cup all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ Cup half and half
- ⅓ Cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of one lime
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ Cup all purpose flour
- ¼ Cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar from the muffin ingredients. Beat in the egg and vanilla, mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the 2⅓ Cup flour, baking powder and salt, stir to combine. Add the dry mixture into wet alternatively with the half and half. Last, add in the lime juice and zest until fully incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Pour mixture evenly (2/3 full) into a 12 greased or paper lined muffin tin.
- Combine the streusel topping ingredients, cut in the butter until crumbly. Top the muffins evenly with topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown, let cool 5 minutes before serving on wired rack. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
I hope you liked this recipe! Please visit my blog for more yummys!