Heat Transfer Vinyl Pompom Bunny Tail OnesieHeat Transfer Vinyl Pompom Bunny Tail Onesie

Babies make me so excited! Maybe it’s because I’m a mom myself but making things for babies and kids are so much fun and also so gratifying! I get great pleasure when I make cute things for them. This time I’m making this cute Pompom Bunny Tail Onesie as a gift for a friend’s baby girl that was born recently. Right in time actually for Easter and what can be cuter than a pompom bunny tail, right????

Heat Transfer Vinyl Pompom Bunny Tail Onesie

Heat Transfer Vinyl Pompom Bunny Tail Onesie

I used heat transfer vinyl for the bunny silhouette and also for a couple paws in the onesie’s booty. I always find so cute baby booties when using diapers so I love making something cute for that area on onesies or pants.

There have been lots of new baby girls in the family. I must confess it get easier for me to get inspired since I have a girl myself. Actually she couldn’t be more girly in her ways!

This project is a really simple one if you have a cutting machine, and if not I think there might be places that offers vinyl cutting services!!!

So, want to learn how to make this cute Pompom Bunny Tail Onesie?

Here we go!

Supplies:

• 1 onesie {or more depending on how many you plan on making}
  • Heat transfer vinyl, color of your choice.
  • Yarn, color of your choice
  • Thread and needle

First I made my design, which you can download if you’d like HERE.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-10-at-9.26.18-AM

I apply the suggested settings and cut. In this case I didn’t mirror the image because it was the same either way.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-10-at-9.40.43-AM

For a better use of heat transfer I usually cut the necessary material and use my mat to send to cut but you can always use the heat transfer directly on your cutting machine as they recommend.

IMG_9194

Then carefully, using the hook tool remove all the unwanted pieces. Including all the surrounding HTV.

IMG_9195

IMG_9196

I cut it in two pieces the bunny and the paws.

IMG_9197

I decided the position of the bunny on the onesie and laid a t-shirt piece of fabric on top the design, I ironed in cotton settings Pressing down firmly for about 40-60 seconds {it might vary between irons} until I made sure the image was really stuck to the onesie. If you peel away the plastic and the vinyl is not set, continue ironing for a few more seconds.

13 Comments on Heat Transfer Vinyl Pompom Bunny Tail Onesie

Kelly says:
    September 28, 2017

Camila this is sooo cute! What a great idea for a homemade baby shower gift! I love using my Cricut to make cute personalized clothing. The paw prints on the bottom are too adorable! Love it!

September 28, 2017

Thank you so much Kelly, I don’t have a cricut but I do have my Cameo and I enjoy so much cutting things and creating! So much fun! one of my favorite things is Onesies. LOVE decorating them! I’m so glad you like this project!

Samantha says:
    July 3, 2017

Oh Cami, this is way tooo damn cute and those paw prints on the pom – perfect!!! You could easily alter the animal too, but I do love that shiny transfer material that you used! Might need to make one of these for my bub’s first easter next year :)

Barb says:
    February 15, 2017

think I would just sew a small piece of velcro on the onesie and then attach the other part to the pompom. Then it is easy to wash!

February 16, 2017

I think that’s a wonderful and perfect idea! I should have thought of that! When I make another one I’ll do just that! THANK YOU for sharing your ideas!

Jessica says:
    January 25, 2017

Love this! How did you attach the Pom Pom? Did I miss that step? Thanks!

January 26, 2017

Oh my! Jessica, you are completely right! I never explained that and I didn’t even noticed, you are the first who pointed it out. I’ll update this post ASAP. Thank you so much. It’s crazy I even had pictures of that part of the tutorial.

I just stitched it to the onesie. I used a thin but long needle and regular white thread. I made sure I stitched big amount of pompom threads so it wouldn’t come off. Many stitches for sure.

Again thank you for letting me know!

Kim says:
    March 22, 2016

This is absolutely adorable! My 9 year old daughter would love it on a t-shirt!!! Pinning this!

March 16, 2016

This is so stinking cute, especially with the added pom pom! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

Leave me your lovely thoughts