DIY Painted Pallet Headboard

I wanted to make this project for so long and I finally made it. To be honest I hate the look of simple bed with no headboards and most of my life that’s I had. Ever time I saw those gorgeous beds I was like “Oh I want that bed”. I’ve always loved pallets so after I made my round up about DIY headboards on a budget I knew I had to make my own. I made a gorgeous painted pallet headboard of my own.

DIY Painted Pallet Headboard

DIY Painted Pallet Headboard

I need to say this. I wasn’t alone in this. The final push I needed to make up my mind and make my Pallet headboard was Lisa’s tutorial from Recreated Designs. She had this amazing and creative way to make one and that was it! I was hooked! Also my dear hubby helped me all the way. It was such a fun time together.

IMG_8549

I knew I wanted something on a budget, something simple, something pretty and something WHITE! I’m obsessed with white lately.

I need to be honest here. I don’t know if I did everything the right way. I only know I had a tight budget. I asked a carpenter that has made a few things for us, and he said it was ok. I’m sure there must be many other better ways to make this but I’m showing you the way I made it.

I have 35 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Painted Pallet Headboard

May 2, 2016

Thanks for the amazingly detailed tutorial! I love you made something beautiful and stayed in budget. And seems easy enough to do I think. I picked up a couple pallets and have been looking for a cool way to use them and I think I’m going to do this. Do you think it would be more difficult with the pallets verses purchased wood?

May 2, 2016

Hi Kelly,
      To be hones I wouldn’t really know… I wet directly for the new wood and I loved it. I guess it will really depend on what you really like. Also you can always get a vintage/old look following the tutorial of my friend Lisa. The link is in this tutorial.

I have never worked with actual pallet, although I’m crazy about doing it. As soon as I have my own home, I’ll start woking with pallets for sure!

The other side of the story is budget. Where I live some types of wood are not expensive {like the one I used} and since here currency changes I can’t really know how much it could cost with new wood. So I guess you would have to compare where you live.

Not sure if this helps or if I even made sense but I hope so!!!

Thank you so so much for stopping by!!!

Jess says:
    February 23, 2016

Absolutely love this, what a cute idea! Totally pinning 🙂 xo

Melanie says:
    February 19, 2016

I love that you decided to get creative and work with what was in your budget. The white-washed effect on the boards looks fantastic as well! Would you share you project with us at our weekly furniture-themed link party, Friday’s Furniture Fix? I would love to see you there!

February 19, 2016

This is really beautiful and it gives the room a kind of coastal vibe because of the blue on the beds. Very nice. To be clear though, this is made from new wood, not an actual palette right – it’s just meant to have that planked look?

February 19, 2016

Thank you so much. So glad you like it!… Yes that’s right! I didn’t use actual palettes but I definitely wanted a palette-like look or planked look. Find or buying palettes here is not as easy. I would LOVE to have some furniture pieces made with real old palettes. My husband and I love all the things we can make with them.

February 19, 2016

I just did my first project with a real palette, I will tell you it was a PIA and I don’t relish doing it again. The nails had rusted and fused to the wood and each piece had to be cut off with a circular saw. If you have a timber or lumber store near you, I’ve learned these are places that often have piles of old palettes that have reached the end of their “life” for the store. If you ask around you might be surprised by what is hidden behind a wharehouse.

February 19, 2016

Love it! This project has been on my to-do list for awhile but I couldn’t decide if I wanted to paint the boards or leave them in their natural color. The white looks great with your decor!

February 19, 2016

I’m trying to convince my mom to make one for her and hubby and I want to make hers kind of tinted with darker wood color to match her bedroom furniture. I think that it depends on your overall style… If you have some natural wood furniture then you should definitely go for that on your headboard as well, but if most of your furniture is painted then I think that would be the way to go!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and I’m so glad you like this project. It was on my to-do list for years LOL.

February 18, 2016

Your headboard is lovely, I also had the same issue, I went years without a headboard and I hated the bare look and one day hubby and me just went went for it, we drew up our plans spent less than $50 on materials and got to building! Best build ever, we’ve had our headboard for a few years now and even built a platform bed for it a few years after, it’s still our favorite furniture piece in the house. I love it! Enjoy finally having a headboard, it really makes the room!

February 18, 2016

Thank you so much Carmen, It does make the room and I can’t tell you how much I love it!!!! Thank you for sharing your story and telling me I wasn’t the only one loving the idea of a headboard!!!
      Loved having you visiting!!!

Jessica says:
    February 16, 2016

I love pallette furniture and this one is awesome!

February 16, 2016

I LOVE palette projects! Definitely bookmarking this one for later. You did a fab job/1!

Kelly says:
    February 10, 2016

What a beautiful headboard! This will be a great project for my husband and I.

February 10, 2016

Thank you Kelly!

Dru says:
    February 10, 2016

I’ve been wanting to make something like this. Thanks for sharing. I love the way yours looks.

February 10, 2016

Thank you so much Dru… It’s so super easy, you should try!

February 9, 2016

That is absolutely beautiful. Great tutorial!!

February 10, 2016

Thank you so much!!!

February 12, 2016

Thank you Diana!!!

Nicole says:
    February 9, 2016

This looks so lovely!

February 12, 2016

OOOH A Palette wall is terrific!!! I would love to make that!!!!

Stephanie says:
    February 9, 2016

This is absolutely beautiful and I love how it came out! And to think, if you purchased a headboard like that, it would have cost you a small fortune!

February 12, 2016

Oh yeah… At least here, it would have cost me about 4 times more! And besides when you buy, you buy what you can find not what you want… And that’s what I love the most about mine. That exactly how I wanted it!
      Thanks so much for stopping by!

February 8, 2016

Oh Cami, it turned out fantastically! You did a great job and I am so happy you finally took the plunge and made one 🙂 Hugs, Lisa

February 12, 2016

Thank you Lisa! You were my inspiration! You gave me the push I needed so you get your credits!!!! XOXO my fiend!

Kallee says:
    February 8, 2016

It turned out beautifully! I have 2 beds with no headboards and I always want to make one for them. I just never get around to it. I need to do something simple like this!

February 12, 2016

You will love how easy it is to make one of these and then how cool it looks in the bedroom! You should definitely try!

LydiaF says:
    February 8, 2016

That turned out to be a fantastic project! We don’t have a headboard either and it looks like college students sleep in our bed (except I make our every morning, ha!) PS I love your manicure! It’s perfect for the season 🙂

February 12, 2016

Awwww hhaha thanks…. As incredible as it can be my mani survived the project!!!!! LOL… Love it too
      Thanks for your sweet visit

17. What a fabulous DIY project! This would be perfect for my guest room and much more economical than purchasing new furniture, thanks for the inspiration!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DIY Painted Pallet Headboard

1. […] Testiera con assi di legno dipinte * Painted palette headboard – via The Crafting Nook […]