About Origins and Nostalgia

Something that always amuses people that I meet is my accent, no matter if it’s Spanish or English; I’m from nearly nowhere when it comes to my accent. Today I’m going a little personal sharing with you a little bit about my origins and nostalgia. I’ll explain starting from the beginning:

About Origins and Nostalgia

About Origins and Nostalgia #aboutme #origins #ladybehindtheblog

I was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I lived there intermittently until the age 6. At that age we moved to Venezuela, specifically San Cristobal, Tachira state, where I lived for four years. We moved again to Lagunillas (eastern shore of Maracaibo Lake, Zulia State) where I lived until the age of 16 when we finally moved to Maracaibo (another city in Venezuela). We settled there more permanently. My parents left the country eight years later and I stayed because I wanted to work and practice my profession in which I already had a job in a small Web Design Company.

I have 12 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on About Origins and Nostalgia

Chiara says:
    September 28, 2015

Dear Cami,
    thanks so much for sharing your story, a bit sad but full of hope. Family is the most important thing, ever. I hope your desires will come true and I strongly believe that God never closes a door without opening a bigger and better one, even if our eyes sometimes can’t see it properly. Big hugs and you’ll be in my tonight prayers!

September 28, 2015

Hi Chiara,

Yeah it has its sad parts but I see it as things to get better at and get stronger. I hope we can settle and have our peace of mind. I’m absolutely sure that God know what He’s doing and that I’ll come out stronger from all my journey! Thank you so much for keeping us in your prays, so much appreciated!!! Also thank you for taking the time to read my story and leaving me your love!

Hugs and XOXO

September 27, 2015

“Caras Vemos, Corazones No Sabemos”. That means that by looking at you we cannot figure out your feelings and sentiment as an inmigrant. We all have our own history. Im so glad your family is together now, and that you can figure out a way for keeping it together. Even that I dont know you personally, but we have worked together on my blog, I know the sincerity and the love that you have for all the countries that have had open the doors for you. Mucha suerte brazilena, espanola, venezolana, colombiana. And remenber, “Home is were the heart is”. Un abrazo.

September 27, 2015

Thank you so much Fabi. Your words means a lot to me! I do love all the countries I’ve been to. Specially Venezuela that gave me the bets years of my life. I truly hope I can go back some day! And yes definitely home is where my heart is, and gladly we are all together so I can feel home!

Angela says:
    September 24, 2015

Wow Cami, what an incredible life journey you have taken. You certainly are showing your daughter the strength of a women! I truly believe that things happen for a reason and I know things will be ok for you and your family!

September 27, 2015

Thank you so much girly… I do believe that too. Probably we all have to learn something from this and get stronger. We all have a mission in this life, right?
      XOXO love ya lots!

Arlette says:
    September 23, 2015

Hi Camilla, reading your story is so touching. Yes, you are from everywhere and nowhere and it doesn’t always make things easy, but that’s what makes you special.
    I’m happy that you are all together, your husband, your daughter and you. I hope things will work out the way you want. Thanks for sharing your story with us in English.
    O Brazil é um pais maravilhoso com muita diversidade! Noa é uma surpresa que você gosta esse pais com todo o coração. Cuidado de você e da família de você.

Arlette

September 27, 2015

THANK YOU so much Arlette. I never thought you could speak Portuguese! How cool. I barely write but I do speak fluently. We should definitely do a hangout sometime and speak some Portuguese. Love that language as much as I love English. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story and your good wishes, it’s all appreciated!!!

Hugs and kisses!!!

September 23, 2015

Thank you so much for sharing your story Cami! It is lovely to get to know even more about you after working with you and partnering with the Link Parties 🙂 I have to say that I can somewhat relate after being born in Canada, and then living in the United States (and moving several times there) and now being back in Canada (with endless VISA issues in the middle of it all). In the midst of moving, I have also visited 14 countries some where in there too 🙂 Thanks again for sharing and opening up about what makes you you 🙂 Hugs, Lisa

September 27, 2015

WOW you have had quite a journey too!… Glad to know I’m not alone! being immigrant is not easy and not sure if it ever get easy actually. I’m kind of used to but if I could, if the situation were different, I would definitely go back to Venezuela. My second option would be Spain since I felt it as a great place to raise a child. But as my friend Angela pointed out, things happen for a reason, right and probably we are here for a reason!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and read my story!!! XOXO

September 23, 2015

What an awesome story! You have lived in so many places that many of us only dream of visiting some day. I’m glad that you and your hubby finally got to be together and I wish you luck on getting the Visa so you can plant your feet and raise your daughter.

September 23, 2015

Thank you Jennifer. Yeah I’ve had the chance to travel a lot thanks to my dad. Getting to know new cultures and lifestyles is so awesome. The thing is that one thing is as tourist and another completely different is as immigrants. Being in both sides, I can say that even though I don’t regret anything It’s definitely better as tourist LOL. I wish I could just stay in my country but sadly that is not possible right now as things are really bad there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and read my story. That makes me really happy!
      XOXO lots!