DIY Decorated Swell Shell Crochet Cowl – Scarf Week Day 4

I have a confession to make… I’ve tried to learn crochet so many times in the past. For some reason it felt so complicated, like it all were in Chinese LOL. I think I know now what was my problem. I was trying to learning crochet with an owl amigurumi, can you believe that??? hahahaha… It would have been a miracle if had done it! Then with this Swell Shell Crochet Cowl and the help of my mom I finally understand it. I’m crazy right???

DIY Decorated Swell Shell Crochet Cowl – Scarf Week Day 4

DIY Decorated Swell Shell Crochet Cowl #ScarfWeek2015 #Crochetpattern #diyscarfideas

The thing is that I need a purpose to learn something. I don’t like just making stitches, like “this is chain, go ahead and make it, – until when? – just do lots!” and there is no goal, no finish line, no final product. That is really so not motivating.

The Crafting Nook

I have 12 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Decorated Swell Shell Crochet Cowl – Scarf Week Day 4

July 18, 2015

lovely!! that’s one thing that takes awhile to get used to – getting tangled in your yarn!

July 13, 2015

I am so proud of you, Camila, for all the NEW triumphs you experienced – – completing your first crochet project is a HUGE win. I also loved getting to “meet” you on video – – you are so adorable and your gentle way of explaining things is so endearing. I hope this is the first of many video tutorials for you, my dear! I subscribed to your channel so I can stay in the loop. I, too, loved your cute in-process photos (I’ve SO been there before with frustration…but the fact that you powered through and made it to the finish line is so inspiring). Then, you went above and beyond with the added flower pin embellishments. Pulled out all the stops with this one. Pinning!

July 10, 2015

haha Thanks Alexis, That’s the feeling during process but it’ felt so good when I finished!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Kadie says:
    July 9, 2015

This is awesome! I love seeing new people trying crochet! Your pics are awesome! It can be frustrating but I glad you stuck with it! It looks great. 🙂

July 10, 2015

Oh yeah! I’m stubborn LOL… When I fishiness I was so proud! Thank you so much for the happy support! I’ll try crochet something new soon!!

Mackenzie says:
    July 9, 2015

Congrats on learning a new skill! You shall never be cold again! I certainly understand the sentiment about getting frustrated and feeling tangled up in yarn. I made my daughter a knitted baby blanket as simple as it was IT TOOK THE WHOLE PREGNANCY TO DO! I didn’t get to make her anything else which was disappointing. Your cowl scarf looks great!

July 9, 2015

hahahaha, I hear ya! you were brave starting with a whole blanket! I’m glad you like my work!!! I’m super happy even though I wanted to throw it out the window at a times haha!
      Thanks so much for stopping by!

July 9, 2015

haha I’m so glad I’m not alone! It was a huge deal for me learning and having it in time LOL
      Thanks so much for the sweet visit and support!

Marilyn says:
    July 9, 2015

Your cowl is beautiful! thanks so much for the pattern!

July 9, 2015

We need to thank Michaels LOL… They share awesome patterns! Thank YOU for your lovely visit!