DIY Braided T-Shirt Scarf – Scarf Week Day 1

How many times have you given away old t-shirts? If you ask me, I would answer, “I lost my count LOL”. And do you how many things you can make repurposing T-shirts? Ooooh that’s the real question, isn’t it? You wouldn’t believe how many. If only I had known all this years ago. And guess what? Scarf is one of them… Yup and there are tons of ways to make them so today I’m sharing my DIY braided t-shirt scarf Woot!!!!

DIY Braided T-Shirt Scarf – Scarf Week Day 1

DIY Braided T-Shirt Scarf Tutorial #scarfweek2015 #tshirtscarf #diyscarf

I’ve been having a blast from Scarf ideas. I love scarves, you know?. You wouldn’t believe how many I have and you can add these 5 new ones you will be seeing in the next days LOL. I saw this cool scarf idea over at Put up Your Dukes and I LOVED it with all my heart and I knew I had just the T-Shirts to make it buried in my closet haha!!!

The Crafting Nook

I have 12 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Braided T-Shirt Scarf – Scarf Week Day 1

Naznin says:
    July 7, 2015

Lovely DIY, Cami!. That knot is quite cute and love the colors of the two t-shirts you decided to combine together ♡

July 7, 2015

Thank you so much Naznin!!! So glad you like it… it’s so super easy to make you wouldn’t believe it!

Mackenzie says:
    July 6, 2015

I love the knotting technique you used. It looks really cool. When sewing the ends together, would you recommend doing a zigzag stitch or a regular straight stitch? I know zigzag was necessary for using knits to make clothing, but I was wondering how that would work with the scarf, or if it was even necessary.

July 7, 2015

Hi Mackenzie,

That’s actually a great question. I’m not really a pro at sewing but I didn’t think zigzag was necessary. T-shit knit doesn’t fray and all the raw edges would be hidden inside the scarf, so I didn’t think I needed to do all the zigzag and stuff. If I would be like selling it I would probably do all the zigzags even around all the raw edges. Since it’s crafty I gave myself permission for imperfection LOL. I mean if you are more pro than I am and feel more comfortable doing it, go for it… Craft world is what you make of it! Is how you like it and feel better!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

July 6, 2015

Oh yay! What a pink-tastic creation you have here (and I have to say, I was also smitten by your adorable nails.) I have yet to venture into the wonderful world of braided scarves, but I’ve seen a few today that have me mega-inspired. Also, huge props to you for participating in all 5 days of Scarf Week! You are a rockstar. Off to pin!

July 6, 2015

hahaha Thank you Lauren!!! I’m in love with my nails and I can’t believe they have last over a week!!! This scarf is so much fun, it’s easy to make and you can repurpose old t-shirts!!!

ooooh I’m super excited about the whole 5 days, I needed this getaway and be pushed to craft… Craft is my relax zone! THANK YOU for the opportunity!

Vanessa says:
    July 6, 2015

I love the colors you picked for this pretty scarf! I’ve never made one of these but your detailed pics are totally making me think I can. Thanks so much for joining us during Scarf Week!

July 6, 2015

Hey Vanessa, happy to have you visiting! This scarf is super easy to make, At first I thought it was complicated but then when I started, boom! done in a few minutes! And I LOVE how it looks!

July 6, 2015

Oh, that’s also a pretty knot… may use this one the next time, mine was more comlicated 🙂
    Like your scarf, definitely have to check for some shirts in pretty colors!

Love, Elena

July 6, 2015

Hi Elena! Yours was so much fun too! I love learning new knots and yours is a must try too! Glad you like this, it’s so super easy and it popups from whatever you wear!!! I love it!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DIY Braided T-Shirt Scarf – Scarf Week Day 1