Easter Milk Truffles {Bolitas de Leche Condensada}Easter Milk Truffles {Bolitas de Leche Condensada}

Today I’m sharing an Easter version of a very traditional Venezuelan treat. I’ve had this treat ever since I was a little girl and I’ve always been crazy about it. These are called “bolitas de leche condensada” which means Condensed Milk Balls. It’s like a truffle but made with condensed milk of course LOL That’s why I called them milk truffles. It’s So delicious and perfect for kids parties and any afternoons with friends over.

Easter Milk Truffles {Bolitas de Leche Condensada}

Easter Milk Truffles Recipe (Bolitas de Leche Condensada)

In Venezuela kids love this treat and is so common to find them in shops along the roads but lots of bakeries and small shops sell them as well. But if you can make them at home is better right? And if you can dye them and make them egg shaped even better, right?

Recipe-Easter-Milk-Truffles-Bolitas-de-Leche-Condensada

So, Wanna learn how to make these cute Easter Milk Truffles? Then Let’s go!

Ingredients:

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
  • 2 Cup of Icing sugar
  • 2 cups of powdered milk
  • Food coloring
  • Milk Chocolate for nest.
  • *In Venezuela they use cloves as garnish and also gives some flavor but since I hate cloves I just skip that ingredient.

Directions:

This process can be a little messy, as you add in ingredients the dough sticks on your fingers but in some point the dough does get thicker and stops being so sticky

In this case, separate the dough in 3 portions and dye each one with a different color. Add in more icing sugar if needed. I used light pink, blue and yellow {but since the dough is kind of yellowish my eggs turned out light green!}. First make small balls and then shape them like little eggs.

Don’t worry if they don’t stay like perfect eggs, they will spread a bit once you place them on a  surface, but they still look so super cute. They tend to dry a bit outside so you can kind of reshape it if you want later.

Shred the Chocolate on a cute dish. And place the eggs in the yummy nest.

Easter-Milk-Truffles-Bolitas-de-Leche-Condensada

Yummy-Easter-Milk-Truffles-Bolitas-de-Leche-Condensada-Recipe

DSC_6321

DSC_6328

Serve and Enjoy!

4.9 from 8 reviews
Easter Milk Truffles {Bolitas de Leche Condensada}
Author:
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Venezuelan
Prep time:
Total time:

Cute Milk Truffles egg shaped to make Easter a fun day! Delicious Treat that kids will love and are perfect for parties!
Ingredients
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
  • 1½ Cup of Icing sugar
  • 2 cups of powdered milk
  • Food coloring
  • Peeps splinkles.
  • Milk Chocolate for nest.
Instructions
  1. Mix with a wooden spoon or a whisk the condensed milk and powdered milk until well blended. Then start adding the icing sugar portions by portions and mix until it’s thick enough to use hands. Keep adding the icing sugar until you have a homogeneous dough that is soft and moldable and doesn’t stick on your hands.
  2. For the regular recipe, make balls and sprinkle it with a bit of icing sugar, stick a clove on top and place them in mini cups.
  3. In this case, separate the dough in 3 portions and dye each one with a different color. I used light pink, blue and yellow. First make small balls and then shape them like little eggs.
  4. Shred the Chocolate on a cute dish. And place the eggs in the yummy nest. Sprinkle some peeps if desired.
  5. Serve and Enjoy!

So, This is your turn now! Have you done this kind of truffle before? How would you make them different???

If you like this recipe you might also like these too:

Cute Washi Painted Easter Basket

Pom Pom Tail Easter Bunny Printable #tutorial #pompomtutorial #easterprintable #easterproject

Almond Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting and Cadbury Creme Egg Topping + Free Cupcakes Toppers Printable

29 Comments on Easter Milk Truffles {Bolitas de Leche Condensada}

Karly says:
    April 11, 2017

Holy cow, these are the cutest. Love the festive colors- so perfect to put on display for the Easter crowd!

MyTu says:
    April 11, 2017

Hello, how are you? I had feature your delicious recipe in my blog (www.myhousetucasa.com/en) , I hope you don’t mind. Have a nice day!

Janis says:
    March 22, 2017

I found these via Pinterest. We are gluten free. These fit the bill. My uncle is from Venezuela. I think I’ll make them for Easter! Thanks for sharing!

Amber Harrop says:
    March 20, 2017

Wow these look amazing Camila – pinned and will be making and eating all of them !!

Alison says:
    April 1, 2015

Can you dip these in melted chocolate?

March 29, 2015

wonderful sweet treats for Easter! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

March 26, 2015

I see somebunny’s teeth have been tasting the truffles, lol. Thank you for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things!

Elizabeth says:
    March 25, 2015

Cami, oh these do look divine. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinned.

Valerie says:
    March 23, 2015

What a great idea these look amazing!

Ashley says:
    March 22, 2015

Hi! Visiting from the Bewitch’ Projects link party. Yum! I love sweetened condensed milk! These look so pretty. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

March 22, 2015

I am not a big fan of cloves either and these milk tuffles sound delish without 🙂 love your pastel colors, like egg shaped sherbet!

Felicia says:
    March 22, 2015

These look so good. I think I might have to put these not the menu for my Easter Party. Thanks for sharing over at the Snickerdoodle Sunday.

Camilla says:
    March 20, 2015

Love these cute pastel coloured eggs and they sound delicious:-)

March 19, 2015

Oh wow, those look absolutely amazing! And they’re gorgeous, too. Love the shaved chocolate nest–what a clever and beautiful presentation. Pinned and shared. I’d love to have you link this project up at the Party Time Link Party, if you have a chance! http://tikkido.com/blog/link-party-36

March 19, 2015

These are completely different from any candy recipe I have seen before. Certainly going to try them!

Ren Behan says:
    March 19, 2015

I absolutely love these, what a clever idea. And such an easy project to make with the kids. I’m off to buy condensed milk and pretty food colouring!

Catherine says:
    March 19, 2015

Dear Cami, These truffles looks wonderful…so pretty and so festive. xo, Catherine

March 18, 2015

These sound totally amazing! I cannot wait to try them 🙂

Marilyn says:
    March 18, 2015

These are so beautiful…I never knew you could make truffles with just 3 ingredients! Thanks for the recipe

March 18, 2015

These are little beauties and I love learning about new traditions. These would bring me fond memories as well!

Susie Gall says:
    March 18, 2015

Hello Cami. When I saw your photo on FB, I wondered exactly what this gorgeous treat was. Your photo brought me in and I’m so glad it did. These Easter Milk Truffles are adorable and I can only imagine how great they taste. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe – these are going on my Easter dessert table this year.

March 18, 2015

Wow these are so interesting! I’ve never heard of these but they look so perfect for Easter, love the chocolate nest too! They look so delicious!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Easter Milk Truffles {Bolitas de Leche Condensada}

Leave me your lovely thoughts

Rate this recipe: