How to Make an Awesome Italian Meringue.How to Make an Awesome Italian Meringue.

Hello everyone! To start off the year with the right foot I’ve made a delicious recipe and I used Italian Meringue and let me tell you this Meringue turned out to be the best I’ve ever done so I had to share it with you! I’ve seen so many and I’ve tried so many but this one Oh my!

How to Make an Awesome Italian Meringue.

How to Make an Awesome Italian Meringue #recipe #italianmeringue #yummyrecipe

Meringue has always been my challenge. When I was a teen I used to make a lot of desserts, mostly pies and 3 leches cakes and I always had a hard time with meringue. Maybe you remember my Key Lime Pie post. Well that’s when I learned about the different kind of Meringues and I understood. I started practicing and perfecting it ever since. Now we are kind of addicted to it LOL. Hope you like it!

16 Comments on How to Make an Awesome Italian Meringue.

Sophane says:
    February 25, 2017

Hi, this is one of my fav recipe, I can add one tip to make it evrn better, while cooking the sugar syrup add two tableapoon of corn syrup or glucos. This will improve the texture greatly making it more thick and rich.and assuring there are no risk of the frosting turning “sugary” once it has dried. I also like to add a bit of almond extract which for me takes it over the top 😊

February 27, 2017

Hi Sophane,

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to add your awesome tip. I will definitely try your suggestion since I have corn syrup and I have now a candy thermometer so I can be more specific and give more preparation options to my readers. I definitely LOVE this meringue is my number one go to with pies and angel food cakes!
      Again thank you so much. I absolutely LOVE when my readers give me feedback and give me new tips and ideas. You made my day!

Judy says:
    December 24, 2016

Can this be put on baked Alaska the day before flaming?

Leslie says:
    April 6, 2016

I love Swiss Meringue, but have always been intimidated by Italian Meringue. Can’t wait to give it a try now!

karen says:
    March 29, 2015

Thank you for this straight forward recipe. I had a little trouble at the end, where the meringue became somewhat watery. Maybe I overbeat it? Also, I wish you would have stated how much this recipe made. I realize now that it didn’t make enough frosting for my cake. Maybe next time I should add more eggs?

January 21, 2015

This sounds delightful, and perfectly easy! Thanks for sharing on Weekend Bites

Joyce says:
    January 16, 2015

I love meringue!!! I coud eat a bowl full of it! Great tips I will definitely try some next time I make it.

January 16, 2015

hahaha my mom feels the same and she doesn’t even like sweets much LOL. That’s a huge compliment coming from her LOL. Thanks so much for your lovely visit and hope your meringues comes out great!!!

Helen says:
    January 15, 2015

Beautiful meringue looks like divinity candy.

Audrey says:
    January 14, 2015

Wow! this looks beautiful. I will have to give it a try sometime.

#sitsblogging

Elizabeth says:
    January 13, 2015

Oh yum! I love this, but often do not get it right. Love the tips! Thanks. Pinned.

kring says:
    January 13, 2015

My mother used a frosting like this to frost our birthday cakes when we were growing up! I remember that it would form a crispy sugar crust on the top and stay all creamy inside! Yum!

January 16, 2015

I love that crispy sugar crust too!!! Yummm nice memories! Thanks so much for stopping by!

January 13, 2015

I love making meringue cookies! Meringues can be very difficult to make if things aren’t just right. It looks like you got it figured out! I might have to try this out when I make my cookies tomorrow! Pinning this!

Andie Conn says:
    January 12, 2015

Great post! It really makes me want to eat dessert… darn you New Year’s resolution!

January 16, 2015

hahahahahaha, sorryyyy!!!! But if you make it I’m sure you will love it!

Leave me your lovely thoughts

Rate this recipe: