DIY Turning Onesies into T-Shirts

Hello guys. Probably most of you mommies have had this situation or might have in the future. I’ve got a whole pack of Onesies that Emma never used. When she turned 2 yo she started the potty training and a couple of weeks later she was already doing it by herself so wearing onesies would make going to the bathroom a bit complicated. Turning onesies into T-Shirts is one of the easiest refashion we could possibly make and quickly solve the problem of onesies not fitting or never used because of situations like this.

DIY Turning Onesies into T-Shirts

DIY Turning Onesies into T-Shirts #Tutorial #onesiestoshirts #onesies

Thankfully my girl learned how to go to the bathroom {using the actual toilet} pretty quick, and she started going without notice less than a month after potty training. So Onesies were definitely a pain for her {even though I LOVED seeing her wearing them}. Almost a year later {duuh} I figured what to do with them after seeing this awesome idea from Therapeutic Crafting.

My girl is really skinny so most of 24 months clothe still fits on her. Pants got short but still fit in her waist. LOL. So clothes are something that last long around here I just refashion them a bit so she can keep using them like when I revamped my Kid’s Pants to Extend Their Life.

So, Let’s see how easy it is Turning Onesies into T-Shirts, shall we?

I have 17 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Turning Onesies into T-Shirts

June 1, 2016

Hi Camila…
    Great idea and money saver too. And she looks adorable on her modeling style.

Michelle says:
    January 15, 2015

What a no-brainer and yet I didn’t think of it! Now I know what to do with those cute onesies. Thanks for sharing the idea.

January 16, 2015

LOL totally agree, I could have saved many others before! But is never too late to save some of these right?
      XOXO thanks for stopping by!

Lauren says:
    January 15, 2015

this is such a great idea! My daughter doesn’t like onsies anymore, but she can still fit into them and we have a bunch that were gifts that still have tags!!

January 16, 2015

Same happened to us… Brand new super cute onesies that she wouldn’t use anymore. Now she can wear them all the time!!! Thanks so much for stopping by! I;m glad this could help you!

January 10, 2015

This is a great upcycle project! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

January 11, 2015

Thank you Katherine! Love upcycling!!!!

5. I have so many onsies and with potty training they are such a pain. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing on Found & Foraged. Pinned! We look forward to seeing you again next Saturday.

January 11, 2015

Yeah Agree my girl stopped using them when she started potty training and some of them didn’t have one use! So this is a great way not to loose them!
      Thanks so much for your visit!

Aria says:
    January 5, 2015

Great way to get more use out of kids clothes! I did this with a onesie I found for my niece as a gift last year 🙂

January 11, 2015

How awesome!!! Make clothe last longer is always a great thing, right?
      Thanks so much for your lovely visit!

angie says:
    January 4, 2015

love it so cute many times we buy onesies that are special to us so happy that you have found a way to keep using them even when they don’t fit exactly right

January 11, 2015

Yayyy That’s true. I have some that I wanted so badly to extend their lives… So we finally have a solution! XOXO

January 4, 2015

Just love this idea! This would double my daughter’s wardrobe since her onesies are getting too short to snap, haha…Have a great day!

January 11, 2015

Glad I could help a little! XOXO and Thanks for the sweet visit!!!

Jessie says:
    January 3, 2015

I love this! I have been looking for baby clothes ideas and this is great for when they get a bit older.

January 11, 2015

Yeah I’m doing this to all my girls Onesies! I love them!