DIY Mod Podge Wooden Jewelry Boxes

Hello everyone! Today I’m sharing how to make these cute and easy wooden jewelry boxes. Many of you probably know by now that I love crafty jewelry, that I make them often and that I love keeping things organized. This most likely I got from my mom who loves any kind of boxes for any kind of things she can keep organized. All this said, when my mom bought these super cute set of wooden boxes I couldn’t resist putting my hands on them LOL. And here is the result

DIY Mod Podge Wooden Jewelry Boxes

DIY Mod Podge Wooden Jewelry Boxes Tutorial

My mom is really obsessed with organization and one of het passions is “boxes”. She collects them and she labels them and organizes everything with boxes. When she bought this set I knew right away that I NEEDED to mod podge them LOL and turn them into some cute wooden jewelry boxes. I love the result and luckily my mom did too!

What you need:

• Wooden boxes {like chests}
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Matching fabric
  • Matching paint.
  • Mod podge or similar

DSC_5082

In my case, I chose 3 sets of matching papers and matched the paint and fabric. BUT I mix them all. With Aqua set I painted the inside with pink, the yellow with green and the aqua with pink. The fabric I used was pink for all 3.

First of all make sure to clean all dust from the boxes.

Remove the hinges and locks and make marks so when you mod podge them you know where to put them back.

DSC_5085

Paint the inside of each box including the lids.

DSC_5088.jpg

I started mod podging the paper.  Beginning with the sides and folding a few centimeters on the top like the image above.

DSC_5089

Then I placed a piece on top and cut following the shape. Then did the same on the bottom part and I finish it with a plain cardboard on the bottom.

DSC_5090

Apply mod podge all over the scrapbook paper to seal it. Avoid inner edges. When you close the box it might stick.

DSC_5093

Let it dry well for a few hours. Don’t close them or pile them until they are really dry.

Once dry, put back the hinges and locks.

DSC_5091

DSC_5095

The last touch is the fabric. It’s up to you if you want to cover all the inside of the box or only the base. My mom wanted only the base so I did. I used double sided tape to secure it and be able to change it later.

DSC_5094

Do the same with all boxes you are treating!

TADAAAAA! Done all my 3 boxes!

DSC_5097

Looke how they look together… I’m loving these wooden jewelry boxes and I wish they were mineeeee! But I’m happy my mom loved it too and is going to use them!

DIY-Cute-and-Simple-Mod-Podge-Wooden-Jewelry-Box

Cute-and-Simple-Mod-Podge-Wooden-Jewelry-Box Tutorial

DIY-Cute-and-Simple-Mod-Podge-Wooden-Jewelry-Box-Tutorial

DSC_5160

Now it’s your turn, how do you organize your jewelry? Have you mod podge wooden boxes???

I have 40 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Mod Podge Wooden Jewelry Boxes

Emma says:
    May 24, 2016

These are a beautiful! I’ve never tried Mod Podge but I’m totally inspired to give this one a try!

May 31, 2016

Oooh Thank you!!!! I’m sure once you try you will get hooked! Mod Podge ROCKS!

September 12, 2014

Oooh wow! Thanks so much Bonnie! I’m so honored thanks so much! I’ll be heading over!

Adrienne says:
    September 10, 2014

Really cute project. I think my nieces would love making these! Or maybe I could make some for a gift for them. Thanks again for sharing at the Be. YOU. tiful link party

September 12, 2014

Thanks so much Adrienne!!! So glad you like these! You can make great gifts with them! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

3. These are so pretty! I really like the extra effort you went to by removing all the hardware and painting the insides. I totally would’ve tried to ‘work around’. I’m inspired to make some of my own. If your looking for another place to share your projects, stop by Etcetorize and join our Make it Monday party. (There’s a giveaway this week!)

September 8, 2014

I’m so glad you like them Tamara! I really had fun making them even with the extra hardware removal LOL. It’s totally worth it!
      Thanks so much for your sweet visit and comment!

September 8, 2014

Thanks so much T’onna, glad you like them!!!

Emily says:
    September 6, 2014

Cami, These boxes are smply adorable! I love the paper, fabric and paint that you chose to decorate all of them… beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Much Ado About Monday. 🙂

~Emily at Huckleberry Love

September 8, 2014

Thanks so much Emily, appreciate the sweet comment. Those are fun to make and the combination and possibilities are endless!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

S.L. Payne says:
    September 4, 2014

You did such a great job! These are absolutely adorable! I was just starting to think about Christmas and trying to figure out what I was going to do for all of the kids since I know none of them need more toys- these would be perfect for my nieces and foster daughter! They would love them and I can match the paper to their personalities. I love your paper choices and thank you so much for sharing your great idea! I pinned it so I can make these as soon as I get a chance!
    -S.L. Payne, uncommongrace.net

September 4, 2014

Thanks so much for the kind words! so glad you like them! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. Happy to give some inspiration!!!
      HUGS

September 3, 2014

Lovely! I can’t believe I have yet to use mod podge!
    Stopping over from Create It Thursday link party! 😉

September 2, 2014

These are so cute! I’m pinning these for later…..I think my daughter would love these so much! She could use these to store hair ties and all sorts of things! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Tracy Snyder says:
    September 2, 2014

These boxes look great! There are countless things to keep organized in them too. Nice work!

September 3, 2014

Thanks Tracy, I’m glad you found it useful and that you like it! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leaving your thoughts

Tammi says:
    September 2, 2014

I love these little boxes. I’ve seen them in the craft store but really haven’t known what to do with them. Your’s are adorable. I can see them as great gifts, for the office, jewelry, so many things. I’m definitely going to share your post.

September 3, 2014

Awww Thanks so much. I’m so glad you like my blog and my boxes! Hope you ha have a wonderful week and weekend!!! Love having you visiting!
      HUGS

September 1, 2014

These are just precious! Any little girl, teen, or momma would love them. Thank you for sharing at the Monday Funday party! Pinning and sharing on google plus!

September 3, 2014

Yayyyyy how cool that you like them. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your thoughts! Really glad you like my boxes! Have a wonderful week!

Sarah R. says:
    September 1, 2014

Very cute! And wouldn’t these make perfect gift card boxes come holiday time?? Thank you so much for linking up at Snickerdoodle Sunday!! I hope you’ll come back this Saturday with your latest makes!

Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

September 3, 2014

They definitely make a great gift!!! I’m glad you like them! Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you are having an awesome week!
      HUGS

Patti says:
    September 1, 2014

Hi Cami,
    Love your poper choices and how nicely they coordinate. This article has inspired me to use some of the collection of papers I just had to have and haven’t used. Thanks.

September 3, 2014

Yayyyy happy to inspire! I would love to know yours when done! Thanks so much for your sweet visit! Have a wonderful week!
      HUGS

Amber L. says:
    September 1, 2014

These turned out really pretty. Love the paper and colors 🙂

September 3, 2014

Thanks so much Amber. I’m so glad you like them!!! Have a wonderful week
      HUGS

September 3, 2014

Thanks so much!
      HUGS

August 25, 2014

Working around curves with paper and Mod Podge is not easy…but you DIY’d these like a pro. That’s because you ARE! Love them, Camila. Pinning and stumbling right this second. Hugs to you!

September 3, 2014

No way hahaha Not even close to be a pro but I love to mod podge everything I can LOL. Glad you like my boxes my friend! Appreciate the love!

Naznin Azeez says:
    August 25, 2014

These little boxes are perfection, Cami ♡. So adorable..

September 3, 2014

Thanks so much Naznin, You are so weet and lovely! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

16. I’ve always wanted to try mod podge on a box. Yours are stunning…great color/paper combo!

~Kim

September 3, 2014

Thanks SO much Kim… So glad you like them They turned out very well so you are good to go!!!

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DIY Mod Podge Wooden Jewelry Boxes

1. […] the holidays coming up quickly, I’m always on the lookout for fun handmade gift ideas. These Wooden Jewelry Boxes that Cami made and pinned to her *Crafty {Gifts} Board are so colorful and […]

2. […] DIY Mod Podge Wooden Jewelry Boxes […]