Homemade Tartar Sauce

Hey everyone! Today I’m sharing how to make a homemade tartar sauce. I shared recently how to make homemade mayonnaise, which is the base for the tartar Sauce.

Homemade Tartar Sauce

Home made Tartar Sauce Recipe

There is nothing easier than make a tartar sauce and the best part is that you can even add some extra seasoning of your choice to make it even tastier.

Also as I mentioned before, Even though it is available ready-made in jars, the flavor doesn’t compare to a homemade tartar sauce. It’s healthier and you can make many variations from there.

Ingredients:

• 1 Egg
  • 1 cup of Canola oil {this measure is aproximate}
  • 1 tsp of white vinegar
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • Pinch of salt
  • Black Pepper
  • 1 Green onion
  • 2 tbsp chopped parsley
  • 2-3 capers

Directions

First of all, we make the mayonnaise. Put the egg yolks into a blender, add the garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well all of these together. Then, add a continuous thin drop of oil to the egg mixture and mix this in. For a full detailed tutorial on how to make mayonnaise check my post homemade mayonnaise.

When the Mayo is ready, add the green onion, parsley and capers. Mix well.

The tartar sauce goes so well with fish and any seafood. I used it with my breaded tilapia. Ooooh yummm!!!. If you haven’t made it yet you should definitely try it! It’s so yummy.

The tartar souse can be served at once or kept in the fridge for up to one day.

Serve and Enjoy!

Homemade-Tartar-Sauce-Recipe-easy

Homemade-Tartar-Sauce-Recipe-fish

Homemade-Tartar-Sauce

What do you think??? Have you made homemade tartar sauce before???

I have 13 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Homemade Tartar Sauce

Diane Balch says:
    August 6, 2014

I like your recipe more than the one I have been using. Pinned.

CJ Huang says:
    August 1, 2014

I’m not sure why, but I’d never thought to make tartar sauce before! Sounds like a great DIY. I hope you can stop on by and share this or any other recipe with us on Five Friday Finds! 🙂

Cynthia says:
    August 1, 2014

I love fish so this is a great recipe for me! Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

Joybee says:
    July 29, 2014

I make homemade tartar sauce all the time but I cheat by using store bought mayonnaise (So I guess it’s semi-homade). I just mix diced dill pickles with a spoon full of mayonnaise but I bet the capers make it taste more authentic (I just never have any around but I keep pickles).

August 1, 2014

ha ha ha you should try making the whole thing… It’s so delicious!!!

July 28, 2014

We cook fish alot and my husband loves tartar sauce so I’m glad to find an authentic, homemade recipe! Thanks!!

July 29, 2014

Oooh I’m glad you liked this post then! This goes perfect with fish! Thanks so much for your sweet visit!

July 25, 2014

Yayyyy Thanks!!!

July 24, 2014

I love tartar sauce with my fish! I always have it when i go out but I hate the bought stuff in a jar – can’t wait to try this recipe!

July 25, 2014

I don’t like the jar ones either! Nothing better than homemade one! Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my recipe!
      Have a wonderful weekend!

Naznin Azeez says:
    July 23, 2014

Looks absolutely lovely. The pix are amazing, Cam ♡. I have never tried this dip..

July 25, 2014

Hey Naznin… Oh you should try it… With fish is Yummmmm!!!! Thanks SO much for taking the time to check my post!