DIY Easy Camera Strap

Hello lovely friends! Today I’m sharing a cute, useful and EASY camera strap I made to match with my Camera pouch and it turned out super comfy and so pretty, My camera looks so different now!

DIY Easy Camera Strap

DIY Easy Camera Strap Tutorial

This camera strap is so easy you won’t believe it. The best part is that makes the original strap more comfy when you hang it on your neck. It also gives a girly touch, which is always good, right?

What you need:

• 1 strip of Fabric A 4 and 3/4 inches x 20 and 1/2 Inches
  • 1 strip of Fabric B 4 and 1/4 inches x 19 and 1/2 inches
  • 1 strip of felt 2 x 20 inches
  • 1 strip of felt 1 and 1/2 x 19 inches

Directions:

You will use the fabric A with strip of felt 2 x 20 inches and Fabric B with strip of felt 1 and 1/2 x 19 inches.

DSC_5267

Fold fabric A and B longwise right side together and stitch each one on the long side. Turn them over.

DSC_5269

Press making sure the seam is in the middle of each strip. Then insert the strip of felt inside each fabric.

DSC_5270

DSC_5268

Fold inwards each end of each strip and stitch to close them.

DSC_5271

Now put both strips together as centered as possible {one is slightly smaller than the other} and with seam facing each other. Pin in place.

DSC_5272

Stitch each long side leaving just about 1/4 inches seam allowance. It’s better if you use a small and tight stitch. I used pressure 3 of 4 and stitch 3 of 4 on a Singer machine. Leave both ends open.

DSC_5273

Insert camera strap. It should go from leather end to leather end in the case of Nikon Straps this may vary from camera strap to another so measure them first to make sure my measurements fit your camera strap.

DIY-Camera-Strap-Tutorial

Easy-Camera-Strap-Tutorial

That’s it! There you have it! Super easy! I had it done in less than an hour even taking pictures LOL.

DIY-Easy-Camera-Strap

DIY-Easy-Camera-Strap-and-Pouch-Tutorial

DSC_0521

Hope you like it. Do you have a camera strap??? If so, is it handmade or bought???

I have 26 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Easy Camera Strap

September 3, 2014

Awwww thanks so much for the share, I so appreciate the love and I’m glad you like my Camera strap! Have a wonderful week!

July 30, 2014

Hi! Stopping by from Whatever Goes Wed! I love this strap and am going to have to learn to sew so I can make one. I have been wanting to for a while, but you make it look easy. Pinned! Thanks for sharing.

August 1, 2014

I’m glad I inspired you to make one. It is easy indeed! Would love to see it when you make it. I’m sure it’s gonna be awesome!

August 1, 2014

Woot Thanks so much! Glad you like it!

July 28, 2014

What a great idea for a camera strap. The ones that come with the camera always dig into the neck, this is great way to stop that. The next place I’m headed is to check out your camera pouch.

July 29, 2014

Yayyy Thanks so much Rochelle! I’m so super glad you like it! I know what you mean about the neck… That’s my main motivation to make the strap! OMG you have no idea how good it feels now! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for taking the time to stop by!

July 29, 2014

Thanks so much Allisha!… Glad you like it!

Jenny says:
    July 28, 2014

What a perfect birthday gift idea for my brother! I would love for you to share your project on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!

July 29, 2014

Thanks so much Jenny! glad to inspire and give ideas!!!

Julie V. says:
    July 28, 2014

Thanks for the design. I G+ed it.
    I like your pink and white stripes fabric.
    I don’t have a camera strap, just a wrist strap for my little camera.

July 29, 2014

Glad you like this Julie… You can always make something like this for your wrist strap too! what a cute touch! Thanks so much for visiting!

Havalah says:
    July 28, 2014

Super cute, I’ve been wanting to make one for myself, now I just need to do it. Thanks for sharing

July 29, 2014

This is the best thing ever Havalah. I was about to buy one before making this because those straps are killers but then I figured it would be easier and cheeper to make one myself. I’m sure yours will be awesome!!!

Hugs and thanks for stopping by!

July 27, 2014

So cute! I need to follow the instructions and make one for my camera because this is cheaper than buying one and so customizable.

July 29, 2014

It’s definitely customizable… And you can make different ones and match with clothes.. how cute that would be!!! Now I need to go and make more LOL.

Thanks so much for your sweet visit!

July 22, 2014

I seriously was just telling my husband today that I needed to make a trendy camera strap!!! This looks great love it!! Oh and I LOVE those shorts, where did you get them? Have a great week.

July 25, 2014

ha ha my shorts are from GAP, I bought them last year but I saw some similar in Banana Republic last week! Glad you like my camera strap… super easy to make!
      Have a great weekend my friend!

July 21, 2014

You and your daughter are seriously some of the most photogenic people on the planet! And this project is so practical yet adorable. I’ve been wanting to sew a camera strap! Adding this to my TO MAKE list…pinning and stumbling, too! XO

July 25, 2014

ha ha ha Lauren you are always the sweetest friend! It’s fun to have pictures with Emma {when she is up for it anyways}. I have lots of fun! I’m thrilled to inspire you in making this and I would LOVE to see it when you make it… I’m pretty sure I’ll need to make another one after yours LOL.

July 25, 2014

Thanks Amy… Glad you like it!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

July 21, 2014

Again… I am so sad I don’t sew. Love and desperately need your camera pouch and strap. These would make an awesome giveaway! {wink, wink}

~ Ashley

July 25, 2014

ha ha if I lived in USA I would definitely take your idea LOL =D… You should try sewing… It’s not that hard =D I learned by myself just following tutorial LOL
      Thanks so much for your sweet visit!