DIY Ombre Chevron Placemats

Hello everyone, Today I’m sharing a fun and super decorative craft. I made some ombre chevron placemats, believe it or not I love Chevron and this is the very first chevron craft that I make LOL. My mom’s current dining table is white so they look so nice. Hopefully after the big move they will looks as good on the wood dining table she has on the other house LOL.

DIY Ombre Chevron Placemats

DIY Ombre Chevron Placemats Tutorial

This craft is really fun and easy, I love playing with paint =D.  This time I didn’t use brushes with the freezer paper, just paint and a sponge. Working with Freezer paper can be tricky sometimes but the results are so cute. I love how my Titi’s Freezer Paper Stenciled Butterflies Onesie turned out. So I keep using it and her you have it.

What you need:

• 4 pieces of fabric {45×35 cm}
  • Fabric Paint {color of your choice + White}
  • Freezer paper
  • Sponge
  • Stick or small brush

DSC_3617

Hem around each side of the fabric.

DSC_3635

DSC_3636

I cut some chevron stripes of freezer paper with my Silhouette Cameo. You can do it either with the Cameo or masking tape if you don’t have it. Place the chevron stripes over the fabric trying to keep an even distance between each stripe. If using freezer paper like me, Iron it to the fabric.

DSC_5368

Place some paint on a plate {In my case I made the color I wanted mixing colors} and with the sponge, I spread the paint with small taps until fill all the area. I like it like that because the paint doesn’t leak into the freezer paper.

DSC_5369

Every 2 or 3 rows add some white paint to the color you are using and mix well with a stick or brush.

DSC_5370

Keep doing this until all the rows are painted. Let it dry

DSC_5371

Once dry, remove the freezer paper carefully.

DSC_5372

That’s it! Repeat with the other placemats. Woot!

DSC_5373

DIY-Ombre-Chevron-Placemats

DIY-Ombre-Chevron-Placemats-Easy-Tutorial

Ombre-Chevron-Placemats-Tutorial

DIY-Ombre-Chevron-Placemats-Painted

I love how they turned out, how about you? Like it??? Have you done Ombre Chevron Placemats before?

I have 18 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Ombre Chevron Placemats

Marie says:
    May 28, 2015

These are great! I need some placemats that aren’t plastic and covered in cartoon characters. Pinning and making these for sure!

May 29, 2015

Ooooh Thank you!!!! Yeah in some point we all want something more like us right??? I loved making these because I can do whatever I want with any color and is unique in some way! So hard to find the right ones in stores!!!
      Glad you like it!

Sami says:
    July 11, 2014

I love these! I like the colors you picked and the chevron stripes. Too cute!

July 11, 2014

Woot I’m glad you like it! Those are my mom favorite colors… and I love chevron so I put them together! LOL

July 5, 2014

Super cute and for this mama doable which is a huge bonus 🙂 I’m picturing different colors for different seasons! Thanks so much for sharing on Sunday FUNday!

July 6, 2014

I’m so glad you like it and want to make them. Yes those are super doable and making them in different colors to match season is genius, how didn’t I think of that????. Thanks so much for your sweet visit and your great idea!!!

July 3, 2014

sweet bit of craftiness my friend! Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. ♥

July 4, 2014

Thanks Catherine! XOXO

Erica says:
    July 2, 2014

Love how these turned out! The orange is such a fun pop of color and you can never go wrong with chevron!

July 2, 2014

I agree that we can never go wrong with chevron.. It’s so fun and dynamic isn’t it??? Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Glad you like this!

July 1, 2014

Those are so pretty! Mine would probably be all crooked, haha. Yours look great though! Thanks for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday! Can’t wait to see what you have for us next week! – Kristina

July 2, 2014

Thanks so much I’m super glad you like it! It’s super easy, I’m sure yours would be Awesome!

Katie says:
    July 1, 2014

Your place mats turned out great!! Such a simple project, I love it!! I would love it if you linked this up to my Motivate Me Monday linky party at IT’S A ginger SNAP.

July 2, 2014

Thanks so much I’m so glad you like it. Thanks so much also for stopping by and leaving some love!

Kathi Riemer says:
    June 30, 2014

What a great project idea! I love the color you chose.
    Kathi

Kerstie says:
    June 28, 2014

Great job, these turned out so nice.

June 28, 2014

Yayy Thanks so much… Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!