Washi Tape Decorated Candles. Lovely Mother’s Day Gift.

Hello everyone!… Mother’s Day is almost here and I made a special gift for my mom’s home. Seems like it was a few days ago that I made and shared my Double Mother’s Day Super Special gifts. This year I made these cute and easy Washi Tape Decorated Candles.

Washi Tape Decorated Candles. Lovely Mother’s Day Gift.

DIY Washi Tape Decorated Candles Tutorial

Every one knows by now that I became a huge fan of washi tape LOL. This is a super easy but full of love craft because I was thinking of my mom while making it!. It’s also perfect to make with kids, mine sadly wasn’t very interested LOL I guess I’ll have to wait and see if she has my crafty genes. You only need a couple of supplies and you are ready to go!.

What you need for these washi tape candles:

• Candles
  • Washi Tape
  • Squared cardboard or a box lid.
  • Cute tag.

I made 3 candles with the same washi tape pattern but making different decoration on each candle.

On the first candle I applied washi tape only on the bottom and on the top.

DSC_5278

DSC_5279

The second candle, I applied the tape in stripes diagonally all over the candle.

DSC_5280

And the last one, I applied the tape in vertical stripes.

DSC_5283

Then I got this cardboard box lid and applied some washi tape all over the sides of the lid. Placed and glued one candle on each corner and on the last corner I glued a cute tag I got from a craft magazine that says “Just for you”.

DSC_5284

I’m definitely not sure what happens if the candles are used. But since my mom loves candles but she doesn’t really burned them, I decided that it would be a lovely gift!.

DIY-Washi-Tape-Decorated-Candles-Just-for-you

DIY-Washi-Tape-Decorated-Candles

Washi-Tape-Decorated-Candles-Tutorial

So here you have it! What do you think??? Have you decorated candles before???

If you like this craft you might also like these too:

I have 16 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Washi Tape Decorated Candles. Lovely Mother’s Day Gift.

May 14, 2014

Thanks YOU for stopping by and visiting!!!

Stacy says:
    May 9, 2014

Cute! I am especially fond of the diagonal one! I am new to washi tape and plan to use it for the first time this weekend…. keep your fingers crossed!

May 10, 2014

Thanks so much Stacy! I’m super sure you are going to do an awesome washi tape project!

May 8, 2014

LOVE this idea! Stopping by from Parenting Moments Party. I must give this one a tray. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

May 10, 2014

Thanks so much Carrie! I’m glad you like it!

May 6, 2014

I love how a little bit of color livens up plain candles! Great idea!

Pinning to our Party Board!

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party!

~ Ashley

May 7, 2014

Oh yes Ashley… I love that too! Every tipe I put some ribbon or tape or something to a plain object you can feel the cheer! That’s why I love this craft world so much!

Dawn says:
    May 5, 2014

This is adorable! I’m obsessed with Washi Tape and I love this idea! I’m going to give it a try this week! Thanks for sharing at Treasure Box Tuesday! 🙂 Dawn @ http://www.730moments.com

May 6, 2014

I’m super glad you like it Dawn. I’m addicted to Washi Tape too! LOL

Kelly says:
    May 5, 2014

Those are such cute candles. I too am interested in what would happen if they are used. Such a creative idea, thank you for sharing!

May 6, 2014

Ha ha Kelly I’m too but I’m coward for flames LOL. Let me know how it goes! XOXO

6. Stopped by from Inspiration Monday. These are a very cute idea. I think I will put them on a glass plate from the dollar store. so they can be burned

May 6, 2014

A glass plate would look amazing!!! Thanks so much for your sweet visit!

Naznin Azeez says:
    May 2, 2014

Really nice, Camila!. I love the diagonal stripes :). Very cute DIY!

May 3, 2014

Thanks Naznin! I love that one too! I have a thing for diagonal tripes LOL. Glad to have you visiting!