Nursery Room Decor DIY Canvas Wall Art.

Hello everyone! Today I’m sharing a very special craft. This is the very first craft I made for my little girl’s nursery room and she was about 4 months old. I made these cute and colorful canvas wall art with illustrated baby animals.

Nursery Room Decor DIY Canvas Wall Art.

Nursery Room Decor. DIY Canvas Wall Art Tutorial

First of all I wanted to apologise because these pics are not very good. These crafty wall arts were made when I wasn’t blogging yet and I just happened to have some pics of the process because I was taking them with my mobile to sending them to my mom.  I just really wanted to share this because it holds a very special meaning!

I wanted to make her bedroom more like a nursery room, and I had seen these super cute squared wall arts on a store but our situation wasn’t good and we couldn’t afford to be buying things other than priority ones.

12032012461-2

So I thought that maybe I could make them myself which would be even more special. I had a few paints and I had seen on a Chinese store some canvas in less than 1Euro. So I made them all 3 for less than 5 Euros because I had to buy some brushes LOL.

What you need:

• 3 Canvases
  • Acrylic paint {I used the basic ones: cyan, magenta, Yellow and white and mixed to get the colors I wanted}
  • Brushes
  • 6B pencil
  • Regular pencil

I started looking for some illustrations samples on Internet so I could get an idea and then I made them using Adobe Illustrator. When I had them done I printed them in the same size the canvas were.

DIY Canvas Art for Kids Room Decor-Design

If you like my drawings you can get the Free {Personal Use Only} Printable right HERE!

16032012470

I traced the whole shape of the drawings on the back of the paper using the 6B pencil. It is softer and darker. I traced it roughly making the lines thick. Then I placed the paper over the canvas right side facing me {penciled side facing the canvas} and started tracing again the whole drawing but this time very carefully. This would transfer the drawing to the canvas. I repeated the process with the other 2.

Then I started to paint one canvas at a time, paying attention to details and trying my best to make paint lines as steady as possible LOL.

15032012467

When I had them done I would let them dry over night. I was actually making them mostly at nights when Emma was sleeping.

So that’s it… The canvas wall art is ready! I hung them on my baby girl’s bedroom near her crib and it gave a little color to her room! {Thankfully I had a Picture from the DIY Wall Diaper Stacker where you can see how the room looked}

Wall-Diaper-Bag-Stacker-Panalera-de-Pared-Tutorial

DIY-Wall-Diaper-Bag-Stacker-Panalera-de-Pared-Tutorial-Bedroom

Well… What do you think???? I would love to hear your thoughts!

I have 23 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Nursery Room Decor DIY Canvas Wall Art.

May 20, 2014

Woot! That’s so nice to know! Thanks so much Yayyyy!

Chari says:
    May 17, 2014

These are too cute! I love it! Having a newborn, this is just lovely!

May 18, 2014

Thanks so much Chari! I think I understood you are having a baby? If yes Congratulation!!! Lovely feeling!

Hayley says:
    May 16, 2014

Found you on the Juggling Real Food and Real Life link up. Those canvases are sooooo cute. We have a little one as well and I’m always looking for ideas to spice up her nursery. Thanks for the inspiration!

May 17, 2014

Yayyy I’m so happy you like them!… It makes very happy when I inspire a little! =D Thanks so much for your sweet visit!

May 16, 2014

Thanks so much for sharing your terrific DIY turtorial with Foodie Fiends FRiday this week. I’ve pinned and shared.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,
    A FFF co-host,
    Joanne/WineLady Cooks

May 17, 2014

Thanks so much for Joanne for stopping by and share the love! Glad you like it!

May 16, 2014

That’s a pretty neat trick! I’m a big fan of crafty craftiness (hee hee), and I’d say you did a fantastic job! Happy to have found you at the Crafty Blog Stalker linky! 🙂

May 17, 2014

Thanks so much Megan. I’m so glad you like it, it’s made with lots of love! Glad to have found you too!

May 16, 2014

They look great! I’ve been wanting to do something like this for my kids bathroom. Time to break out the paintbrushes.

May 17, 2014

Yayyyy that makes me so happy! I haven’t thought about this on bathrooms and could be very cute! I’ll write that idea down Thanks so much!

Alicia Owen says:
    May 15, 2014

Oh my gosh! What a brilliant idea! And those animals are super cute too. It’s crazy how expensive nursery decorations can be. :/ Thanks for sharing at What I Learned Wednesday!

May 16, 2014

Thanks so much Alicia! It makes me so happy that you like them. I love how they turned out I spent so little money!

Jessica says:
    May 13, 2014

This is soooo cute! I just put up canvases in my nursery and did a post on it,, but I’m not as crafty as you, lol. So I bought them. What a special touch to actually make yours!

May 14, 2014

Hi Jessica! I’m so glad you like it! I love making things myself and it feels more special when things are for my Girl!!! Hihi!!!
      XOXO thanks for your sweet visit!

Lauren says:
    May 13, 2014

Wow! Those are so adorable. Great job. They really brighten up the nursery. I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week’s Off the Hook!

May 14, 2014

Thanks Lauren, glad you like them! and thanks for the invite!

Marti says:
    May 12, 2014

Awwww, they are so sweet and adorable! Thank you for sharing them with us! 🙂

May 13, 2014

Thanks Marti, Glad you like it. Love having you visiting!!!

Naznin Azeez says:
    May 6, 2014

Cam, it’s absolutely stunning and cute. Oh my, I am in love with them <3. You are so talented..

May 7, 2014

Awwww Naznin you are such a sweet heart! Thanks so much. It does hold a special meaning since it was my very first craft for my little girl! =D Thanks os much for all the love!

Naznin Azeez says:
        May 7, 2014

Cam, that’s sweet!. And I really appreciate you following me on Bloglovin. Thank you!