Homemade Mayonnaise

Hello everyone! Today I’m sharing how to make homemade mayonnaise, another recipe I made teaming up with my mom to make it in English and Spanish =D like when we made the Tenderloin Steaks with Red-Wine Mushroom Sauce, Yummm. It’s fun to be learning new things and also being with her in the kitchen making yummy recipes!

Homemade Mayonnaise

Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe

Even though it is available ready-made in jars, tubs and tubes the flavour doesn’t compare to a homemade mayonnaise. It’s super easy to make and it’s healthier and you can make a lot of other sauces and dressings from there.

Ingredients:

• 1 Egg
  • 1 cup of Canola oil {this measure is aproximate}
  • 1 tsp of white vinegar
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • Pinch of salt
  • Black Pepper

Directions

First of all, put the egg yolks into a blender, add the garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well all of these together. Then, add a continuous thin drop of oil to the egg mixture and mix this in.

As silly as it may sound, the secret to a great mayonnaise is making sure to be pouring the oil in a very, VERY thin but steady stream, keeping the blender going all the time. Don’t worry, it won’t take all day long, because after a few minutes after you’ve added several drops of oil, the mixture will begin to thicken and go very stiff and lumpy. When all the oil has been added {it’s up to you if you add the whole cup or you can stop when the texture is good enough for you}, taste, adjust the flavouring by adding more vinegar, if desired, and season with a little more salt and black pepper to taste.

The homemade mayonnaise can be served at once or kept in the fridge for up to one day.

Serve and Enjoy!

Easy-Homemade-Mayonnaise-Recipe

What do you think??? Have you made homemade mayonnaise before???

If you like this recipe you might also like these too

I have 23 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Homemade Mayonnaise

Fareeha says:
    November 14, 2015

Wow, this is lovely and looks so incredibly delicious. I cant wait to try this out.

sana says:
    December 7, 2014

Hi..i wanted to ask can we store this mayo for a longer time like the ready made stuff?

December 10, 2014

Hi Sana! Actually no! Sadly egg and oil are really delicate and it’s not a good idea to store longer than 24 hours. Homemade Mayonnaise is more like for making and eating right away!

Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate it!

May 13, 2014

Hi Cami – I have been wanting to try this, so thanks for the recipe and instructions. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let’s Get Real party. I’m pinning this to our group board.

Michelle says:
    May 11, 2014

I love homemade mayonnaise. Soooo, much better than store bought. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

May 12, 2014

Thanks so much. I agree! a lot better a homemade one!!!

Melissa says:
    May 11, 2014

Thank you for sharing. Pinned this to try soon! Happy Mother’s day!

May 10, 2014

I have never made homemade mayonnaise before, but it looks easy to make and I am sure it tastes much better then store bought. Thank you for sharing at Tasty Tuesdays.

May 10, 2014

Thanks so much! It does taste better and it’s great for dressings!

Cristina says:
    May 10, 2014

There’s another easiest way to make mayonaisse. You put all the ingredients in a narrow vase, but the arm of the hand blender has to fit in. Start the blender leaving it down unmoving for a few seconds & then rise it very slowly moving it up & down till all the oil is incorporated. The more oil the thicker the mayonaisse.
    That’s how I used to do it before the industrial one came along. I still do it when I feel like it
    XOXO,
    CRISTINA

May 10, 2014

Oooh I didn’t know that way of making it… sounds interesting! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!!

May 9, 2014

I have never made homemade Mayonnaise before but imagine it is so much better than store bought. Thanks for linking this up to FridayFrenzy

May 10, 2014

Thanks so much Maria!

May 9, 2014

Stopping by from What’s For Dinner Party and I have never tried making my own mayo. I just give it a try. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

May 10, 2014

Glad to have you visiting!… I’m sure you are gonna love it!!

Maria says:
    May 8, 2014

This looks great! I’ve been wanting to make mayonnaise for the longest time, but it just seems so intimidating for some reason! I’ll have to give it a try sometime soon! Yours sounds great!!

May 10, 2014

Yeah for some reason Makin Mayo for the first time is kind of intimidating. I did it following my mom’s instructions and it went well. I’m sure you are going to do it great too!!!

May 6, 2014

My mom always used to make this but I lost track of the recipe! Thank you for this reminder…will definitely be trying this soon!

May 7, 2014

Oooh I’m so glad you found useful this recipe. Even though for sandwiches I love bought mayo, for dressings and for dips I love home made ones! Thansk so much for the love!

Donna Whelan says:
    April 30, 2014

Hi Cami,, I have been wanting to try my hand at making mayonnaise. Thanks for the recipe..
    Donna

May 1, 2014

Glad you want to make it! It’s a bit tricky but doing it carefully I’m sure you’ll get it at first!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Homemade Mayonnaise

1. […] Cucumber and Herb Salad Dressing from Celebrating SweetsHomemade BBQ Sauce from Little House LivingHomemade Mayonnaise from TitiCraftyRaspberry Jalapeño Vinaigrette from Happiest Mom on the Blog Kefir Ranch […]

2. […] and Herb Salad Dressing from Celebrating Sweets Homemade BBQ Sauce from Little House Living Homemade Mayonnaise from TitiCrafty Raspberry Jalapeño Vinaigrette from Happiest Mom on the Blog  Kefir Ranch […]