Blogging 101: 6 Tips to Get More Audience Engagement on Social Media.

Ever since I became a blogger, one of the hardest thing ever seems to be building an Audience and relationships. We all know how hard it is, right? And once we have, it’s even harder to get more audience engagement since we are one more among a bunch of many others awesome bloggers out there. The best thing we can do is look for different ways to stand out and make a difference in our our own way and with our own voice. This task seems to be hard but because we sometimes think that it should happen somehow. The key is to make the first step ourselves.

6 Tips to Get More Audience Engagement on Social Media.

6 Tips to Get More Audience Engagement on Social Media. Blogging 101.

There is something we need to have clear, not everything works for everyone. I’m not even close to be an expert on this field but I’ve been trying different things, reading a lot about it and I’ve gathered a few tips that definitely worked for me on my way to get more audience engagement on my social media channels.

I truly hope that sharing these tips helps you and all of us to keep an even more amazing blogsphere. None of them hurt anybody by doing it, there is nothing to loose but a lot gain. So let’s start!

1.- Let’s make the first step. This is the first thing we have to realize. We all are or have been newbies, big blogs {I can’t include mine here yet LOL} or established bloggers but that doesn’t mean we have to wait for others to come and love us. I grew up with this saying: “We have to give in order to receive”.

2.- Let’s engage people a lot. Yup! In order to get more audience engagement you need to engage first. Be part of discussions and conversations.  We can’t do all of them but those we come across during our networking time are good enough. Apart from that it’s fun and we can gain a lot.

Image Source

3.- Let’s Like, +1, Thumbs up, etc a lot. I bet you see more than 10 things you like on you social media channels… Doing that doesn’t hurt. It’s not a life or death decision to click like or +1 on other posts. Come on guys! That helps others and, believe it or not, it helps us! When I’m networking I click “like” like crazy because I enjoy letting people know that I saw it and I liked it. At some point I’ve been noticed, you will too. Big and Small blogs have so much to share.

4.- Let’s share a lot. That doesn’t hurt either, I promise! LOL. I’m not saying to go and share everything you see, but I bet again that you can find quite a few things you really like that can be shared. That again, helps other bloggers and helps us being noticed. When we share, we are telling the author “I loved it so much that I want my audience to see it”.

5.- Let’s comment a lot. I’m not really persistent on this one, but I know because I’ve done, it does generate engagement. Once we become a consistent commenter they tend to pay attention to what we have to say too. According to Reviewz n’ Tips, comments result in more viral traffic: “likes are a great social proof, but comments are a better way to gain exposure”
6.- In the meantime,  let’s keep asking our readers questions on our social media, trying to connect, get to know them. Maybe some days we won’t get answers but little by little people will come to us.

Also, this Facebook algorithm thing is getting harder for us to reach our audience. I understand some of the reasons FB is doing it but it’s hurting more than just big brands.  What I understood is that they definitely want brands to pay to get their stuff out there as I read in an AdAge post. But many of us are not brands like GE, Samsung, Pampers, so it hurts us too as bloggers who offer content for free.

But I also read somewhere, that FB also wants to give their users relevant information which means that if people don’t interact with our FB pages after liking it, we are not showing on their feeds anymore. I have experienced that BTW. Sometimes I notice that I haven’t seen anything from a specific blogger in a while so I go to her page and like a few things, share some posts and repeat this for a couple of days. I got her posts again on my feeds.  FB will only show on feeds things that they see relevant based on the interaction pages get.  We can manage this by interacting more with our pages.

This is another reason why engaging is a good way to help each other. Let’s just click like, +1 on things that we like even if it’s not perfect, or from a small or big blogger, let’s just give some love. Let’s share all those nice things we see that could be interesting and new. Let’s support each other, we are like a family, we are part of a huge community. Let’s spread the love!

What do you think??? Is there any other tip you know that I haven’t mentioned above and it has helped you gain more engagement form your audience? We all want to know about it on the comments!
If you enjoy this post you might also like these too {click on the images}

I have 67 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Blogging 101: 6 Tips to Get More Audience Engagement on Social Media.

Savannah says:
    January 18, 2016

Hey Camila,
    Thanks so much for these awesome tips! I’ve really been focusing on building my audience lately, and being social is, I’m realizing, such an important aspect of being a blogger. What I’m learning is how to manage my time between blogs I love, working on my own blog, building my audience, and having time outside of blogging.
    Oi vey, it can be stressful-but blogs like this really help! Thank you for sharing <3

January 18, 2016

It’s my pleasure to have helped you Savanna. I totally understand when you talk about time management. It’s really, really hard. It’s so easy to sink into blogging and when you realize you haven’t spent time with other things as important. I don’t think we ever really get a perfect balance. Life is just life, and we always go out of track but of course we can always get back haha. Although life is always a big factor you can always set your goals and if me-time, family-time is in your calendar I’, sure you will be able to manage. I always try to leave weekends for myself and family. When week gets too hard and overwhelming I use some time of the weekend to catch up but still mange to have time for us! As for social media. That is a day by day work. it doesn’t come over night {sadly}. But the best and only way to get noticed is to engage. Talk with fellow bloggers, with readers, ask questions, make readers part of your life, share a bit of your life {not everything of course} each day. Buts most importantly just do it. It’s time consuming and not always easy, some weeks I don’t have the time really, but I try.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read what I had to share and for giving me feedback. It always makes so happy. Hope you have a happy and long blogging journey! If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask!

April 28, 2014

Great tips!!! I am just starting out in the blogging world a few weeks ago and I need tall the ups I can get. Getting ready to head over to your follow up post, keep the tips coming!!

April 29, 2014

Thanks so much Ashley, I’m so glad to help!… I’ll keep sharing my experiences! Thanks for the love and support!

Krista Low says:
    April 25, 2014

Great tips! There’s always something we can do better and it’s great to make sure we are spending time on the stuff that matters!

April 26, 2014

That’s the good side of this, we definitely can always do better! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Trish says:
    April 25, 2014

Hi Cami,
    I am one of the newbies and I really appreciate this information. I will try and show more presence on the social medias. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. There are so many blogs I really like.. and would love to just hang out at them all the time. Unfortunately, it’s not possible…and that makes me sad. Again, thanks for this insightful information. And by the way I love ya blog.

April 25, 2014

Hi Trish,

Feeling overwhelmed is so normal. Blogging can be very challenging if you really want to grow and have a stablished presence. I do love so many blogs too and I would love to be able to visit them every day but as you said it is impossible, so the key is to make the most of our time and if you can only visit once a week or maybe a month then let’s make them feel really loved… Sometimes there are many other ways to show love, like +1, liking and sharing when their posts come across our sight on our feeds.

The best you can do is being yourself and caring and loving! The rest will come!

Thanks so much for leaving some love I totally love to have you and that I could help in some way!

Linda says:
    April 22, 2014

Great tips, Cami. Hope your week is going well. Linda

April 23, 2014

Thanks so much Linda! Hoe yours is going even better!

Keri says:
    April 22, 2014

These are really good ideas. I think it is hard to find the time, some days. I have found that when I share other bloggers’ content on my Facebook page and link to other blogs in my posts, it does make a difference. Slow and steady, right?

April 23, 2014

That’s the truth… Slow but steady is the best way!… It’s all about quality, if you have 20 minutes to networking then make the most of it, like, share and comment when you like something! I love networking! =D
      Thanks so much for stopping by, I’m glad you like this post!

danielle says:
    April 21, 2014

Great tips! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Friday Frenzy!

8. Great tips Cami! Thanks so much for sharing this with our Let’s Get Real readers. I think the most important thing to remember is that social media should be “social”. Just like you have written here about commenting and liking and really interacting. It’s not called stalker media. It’s time we get social people!

April 22, 2014

Of course you are right! and is so much fun when we get the chance to interact and get to know other bloggers! That is what I love the most!
      Thanks so much for your sweet visit!

Lana says:
    April 19, 2014

Thanks so much for this article. I’m a newborn blogger (as in 2 weeks) and I appreciate you sharing what you’ve learned. Have a great weekend!

April 19, 2014

Oooh That’s so nice to hear from you! I’m sure you are gonna love Blogland {as we call it}. I’m glad you could find some help here. Thanks so much for your sweet visit and if you need anything just let me know!!!

April 19, 2014

Thanks Christina!!! XOXO

Elizabeth says:
    April 18, 2014

I am so new to blogging that I am learning every day! Thanks for some great tips. The one thing I can work on is asking questions using social media. Great tip! found you at linky party at Creativity Unleashed and glad I did!

April 18, 2014

Thanks so Much Elizabeth, I see myself as a newbie too. I’m still learning ever day things new! I’m just glad I can share a bit of what has worked for me and maybe it could work for someone else! Glad to be able to help you! If you need anything don’t hesitate to contact me… I’m more than happy to help!

April 18, 2014

Awesome tips! Featuring you at this weekend’s party! Thanks for sharing on Sunday FUNday!

April 18, 2014

Awwww how awesome!!! Thanks so much for the feature! I’m honoured and super excited! Yayyyy

Erlene says:
    April 18, 2014

Some great info. I’ve actually sort of given up on FB. For some odd reason my personal page that I set up just for posting and liking other blog fanpages keeps getting blocked. I noticed that when I like too many pages it happens and I just give up….lol.

April 18, 2014

Hi Erlene, Yup FB has set a number of likes you can give within a certain period of time. But you can always just scroll down and give a like on things you see that you like!… Even though FB can be challenging and even frustration, don’t give up. FB is not only a source of traffic It’s also a source of awesome friendship! In my opinion that worth a lot more!!!
      Thanks for your sweet visit and love comment… XOXO

Kelly says:
    April 18, 2014

Really great tips – so many people have stopped commenting on blogs; they see the link on FB and comment there instead of actually visiting and commenting on the post, and that’s a shame. There’s something satisfying about having a great conversation in your blog comments!

April 18, 2014

You are totally right about commenting on our blogs. We definitely should do it more! However, if you don’t get engagement from our audience on our social media which os great for getting brands to see us… we don’t grow much either. So I guess it’s good to comment in both places… Don’t you think???

April 17, 2014

Great honest tips worth sharing. It doesn’t take much more time to share things and comment. It’s well worth it for both involved. Many bloggers love the relationships we build as a result of blogging. I know I do!

April 18, 2014

Yup that’s true! I do too!!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

April 17, 2014

Thanks for sharing these tips! I have been trying to improve my social media presence and these will definitely help!

April 18, 2014

I’m glad I could help! Thanks so much for your lovely comment!

April 18, 2014

Thanks so much for your visit. Glad you enjoy them!

April 17, 2014

You are so Welcome!!!

April 17, 2014

Yayyy Thanks so much for your visit and leaving some love!!!

Korilynn says:
    April 16, 2014

Great tips and very helpful to those who dont know how to utilize social media to the max. Thank you for sharing!

April 16, 2014

Thanks so much Korilynn. I’m really glad you found it helpful!

April 16, 2014

I know a lot of folks are going to be breaking up with Facebook. I know many bloggers who barely bother with it anymore since around 2% of followers get to see the post. I guess if you spent all day, everyday interaction on FB that % might get higher. It just seems easier to make use of the other tools that are available and reach a wider audience. It can be hard to pull away sometimes as social media can be a real time suck if you let it. Pinned!

April 16, 2014

Yup, you are totally right. I can’t spend the whole day in FB either and it would definitely be a time sucker, but I wouldn’t give up on FB. As I mentioned in the post it’s not about being there whole day is to make the time you set up counts. I use all the others tools and Fb is just one more where I’ve made great bloggy friends so I’ll stick around LOL =D. Thanks so much for your thoughts and additions they are very useful!

Julie says:
    April 15, 2014

I’m not a blogger but I do read quite a few. There are many posts that I read and think “that’s neat.” But I don’t comment because just saying, “that’s neat, thanks” feels of little import and isn’t really engaging. Should I be interacting anyway? Do comments like that have value to you and other bloggers?

April 16, 2014

That’s a really interesting point Julie. Not sure what to answer to that. I think, many people would say maybe it doesn’t add value. Particularly I love any love and any comment. It’s is good to know that people stopped by and liked what I shared. If they want to extend a bit telling what made them feel it is neat, it’s great but just by knowing that someone was on my post and let me know she/he loved it, means a lot to me. Every person might have a different view of that point so I’m talking only for myself. I do enjoy any kind of love from my readers.

Thansk so much for adding an interesting topic to this post!

April 15, 2014

Oh good old Facebook, wish it was easier, but I guess you get what you work for, huh? Thanks for the post.

April 16, 2014

Probably we do Rach, and maybe FB get some of our work from us but still it’s worth fighting for our audience!!! =D Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Tonia says:
    April 15, 2014

Good tips! I find that when I’m more intentional in engagement and networking my blog traffic goes up.

April 16, 2014

That’s is great Tonia! and I’m really glad. I believe that in blogging and in real life it applies the same rule: Give in order to receive! SO I guess you have proved that! Thanks so much for your sweet visit!

Kate says:
    April 14, 2014

I really liked your post. I think that I can utilize this in the future. Thank you so much! P.S. I’m following. Follow back? 🙂

April 15, 2014

Hi Kate!, Thanks so much, I’m glad you found it useful. And of course I’ll return the love!

April 14, 2014

Stopping by from Creating Success Party and these are wonderful tips! Thanks for sharing. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

April 14, 2014

Thanks so much Carrie for stooping by. Glad you found them useful!

April 14, 2014

Great article social media can be so overwhelming. I always have to remind myself constantly to remember to like share comment and more.

April 14, 2014

Hi Jennifer, Yup it is overwhelming but it also is so full of love and great people. Once you earn their heart, you will get tons of love!

Carmody says:
    April 13, 2014

Great post. I agree that is the more you give, the more you receive works for bloggers. It doesn’t work in every field, but really works here. Thanks for putting this together.

April 13, 2014

Hi Carmody, your are 100% right, this doesn’t apply to every field but in our community does. Here people is loving and caring and wen we feel loved we love right back. I’m glad you found my tips useful and helpful! Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

Amberjane says:
    April 12, 2014

I need all the advice I can get as I am relatively new in the blogosphere andthese are great tips thank you for sharing 🙂

April 13, 2014

Hi Amber, I’m really glad that any of these tips can help you. Thanks so much for your visit and your sweet comment!

Christina says:
    April 12, 2014

Thank you for sharing. It seems like I’m doing most of these, but it’s nice to have some reassurance that I’m on the right track. 🙂

April 13, 2014

You definitely are Christina. If you put yourself out there and enjoy engaging then you are doing great!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

April 6, 2014

Enjoy reading the post…engagement is the key to success, and that is something that I will have to do more of. Thanks for posting

April 6, 2014

Thanks so much Cynthia! I agree 100% engagemente is definitely the key and I’m working on that too! I’m glad to help you! Thanks so much for the visit!!!
      xoxo

March 25, 2014

Great tips! These things should be obvious, but I find if you don’t create these habits it’s really easy to forget to do them consistently. Thanks for the reminder!

March 25, 2014

Yes, you are definitely right… it has to become an habit and that’s not that difficult either!… I enjoy a lot sharing, sometimes I don’t get that much time but at least i like to give Likes or +1 as I scroll down. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me your thoughts!

Val says:
    March 25, 2014

Great post Camila! I don’t use Facebook, but I love using Google+; no complications! Linking up to parties is fairly new to me but I am really enjoying meeting other bloggers. Thanks for the info and encouragement you give to all of us!

Val

March 25, 2014

Thanks so much Val for your sweet words. That is the best part of blogging. Meeting new people and make new friends make this all effort so worth it!

March 25, 2014

Thanks so much… Glad you enjoy it!