Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting

Today I got inspired to make some sweets and with the help from my lovely friend Dana from This Silly Girl’s Life I made this delicious {believe me there is almost nothing left already} carrot cake cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream frosting. These are my first cupcakes ever LOL Shhhh don’t tell!

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting #recipe #cupcakes #carrotcake

I love carrot cakes. I use to buy them at work until one day I came across a recipe that changed my life LOL. It was an old photocopy my mom had for years and when I saw it I just couldn’t help it, I had to scan that ma make it at home.

It’s pretty easy to make and it tastes so good! Dana gave me the idea of making it as cupcakes and invited me to make a variation of her buttercream frosting from her Vampire kiss Cupcakes. I definitely did it. Hope you like it!

Carrot cake:

• ½ cup of vegetable oil.
  • 4 eggs.
  • 3 medium carrots {grated}
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 2 ½ cups of flour
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon.

• 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
  • 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon

Cake batter

Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan 160C.

Separate the egg whites from the yolk.

Mix in a blender the oil, sugar, carrot and the yolks. When it’s done, beat the egg whites in a big bowl {with a whisk or a stand mixer} until it forms hard peaks. Without stopping pour the carrot mixture in and mix well.

Add the flour with the baking powder and cinnamon and mix for about 2 minutes. It’s ready.

Now pour the batter evenly for 12 cupcakes that have already been lined with cupcakes liners and bake for 30-40 minutes, until it feels firm and springy when you press it in the center. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, and carefully take them out of the cupcake tin and place them on a wired rack.

Wait until they are completely cool to add the frosting or it will melt away.

Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting

With a stand mixer and a whisk attachment, whip the butter for 5 minutes over medium-high speed. Scrap the bowl at least one time during those 5 minutes. Add the powdered sugar little by little on slow speed and add the cinnamon and the vanilla scraping the bowl once. Whip it again at medium high speed for 2 more minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy.

Decorate the cupcakes as you like, serve and enjoy!

Yummmmy isn’t it??? What do you think??? Have you made carrot cakes cupcakes before???

If you like this recipe you might also like these others: {click on the images}

I have 36 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting

Rushali Udani says:
    September 4, 2016

Hi! Instead of eggs what should i use becoz i m pure veg and i want to try this cupcake so can i u reply me as soon as possible. Thank u mam. Have a nice day

September 5, 2016

Hi Rushali, to be honest I have no idea. I’m not vegan at all so I wouldn’t know. Sorry I can’t help in that particular matter. maybe you can ask among vegan friends. They might know.
      Thank you so much for your interest in making my carrot cupcakes and for stopping by!

Kyzia Garin says:
    September 30, 2015

Hi! Can i use Canola Oil instead of Veg. oil? and if i could just use 1cup of sugar insted of 2cups will affect the whike cupcake? becuz i’ll give it to my grandparents.. and it should be less sweet… can i have ur reply asap. thankyou so much mam. have a nice day 😀

September 30, 2015

Hi Kyzia,
      Yes you can use Canola oil. As long as the oil is not animal, is fine! As for the sugar, I don’t really know what would be the result since I have never done it with less than 2 Cups. This cake is not that sweet though. If you want to try, I would suggest Add 1/2 cup less but again I cannot say what the result would be. Thank you so much for your interest in making this cake!!!

Kyzia Garin says:
        October 1, 2015

I’ve already tried it.. the best!! 😂😀 We’ve loved it. but too bad, becuz the icing is too sweet for my grandparents, and its now my problem how to lessen the sweet.. 😕 can yoy help me? or atleast give a suggestion… alternatives icing that are good for the oldies hehehe thankyooou 😙😙😙

rachel says:
    March 6, 2015

I just made this frosting and it is the best frosting I have ever had! I have been looking for over a year for the perfect recipe and now I finally found it

March 17, 2015

Awwww that’s awesome Rachel! Thank you so much for coming back and leaving e your feedback! I so appreciate it! WOOHOO I’m super happy!

January 11, 2015

Yayy Thanks so much! Glad you like it!!!

4. These look amazing. I would love to try it. Glad to find you via #sitsblogging

December 10, 2014

Yayy Susie, Thanks so much I’m glad you like it!!!

December 7, 2014

I recently started sharing recipes on The Jenny Evolution and thought it would be terrific to have a group on FB where we can share our recipes not just with other bloggers but with people who are searching out recipes. That said, I’m launching a Food Blogger group! If we work together we can make this a great outlet for all of us. If you’d like to join, visit me here

Jenny Marie says:
    December 1, 2014

Yumm That is my kind of dessert! I have been wanting to try to make a homemade cake this recipe looks like a perfect project! I would love for you to share a post on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!
    Jenny Marie

Akaleistar says:
    November 30, 2014

Love carrot cake! Those cupcakes look so delicious 🙂

November 29, 2014

These are so cute and they look so yummy! Thanks for sharing on Show Me Saturday!

Erin says:
    January 7, 2014

Congratulations, this recipe was featured on this week’s Life Created Tuesday link party! Thanks for sharing the recipe with our link party!

January 6, 2014

Looks wonderful 🙂 Thank you so much for linking this recipe up at Recipe Sharing Monday! The new link party is up and I’d love to see you back. Have a great week. 🙂

Diane Balch says:
    December 22, 2013

I love that your carrot cake doesn’t have nuts. My allergic daughter would love to try it. great frosting too. thanks for bringing it to foodie friday.

December 20, 2013

HI Cami! I’m stopping in from Let’s Get Real today. I love carrot cake, but never thought to make it as cupcakes. Great idea! The cinnamon in the frosting sounds like it would be a great touch. I’ve got to try these!

December 19, 2013
    December 19, 2013

I love carrot cakes and/or cupcakes 🙂 thanks for linking to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

December 18, 2013

not only does your recipe look amazing. your staging is magazine worthy. good job. thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party

TheTastyFork says:
    December 18, 2013

I love the addition of the carrot! SO CUTE!! Thank you for linking up to Wake Up Wednesdays!! This recipe is pinned!!

December 18, 2013

Thanks so much for nibbling with us at WONDERFUL FOOD WEDNESDAYS!!! I love the ideal of those gorgeous cupcakes. Warmest, Nic

December 16, 2013

I can’t believe how delicious these look! I want about 5 of them right now! 🙂 I pinned them!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

December 16, 2013

Looks delicious! I love carrot cake and I bet that frosting makes it all that much better. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Ellen says:
    December 12, 2013

Lovely photo and the cupcakes are my favs!

Cara Kueck says:
    December 12, 2013

Yes I think I will definitely have to make these! Will be pinning them to make later! 🙂

Camila Rojas says:
      December 15, 2013

Yayyyy I’m so super glad you like it and want to make it! I can tell by how long it lasted that it was very good! Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes!

December 12, 2013

I really love carrot cake and so does my mom! I think these will definitely make it into the mix soon for a family function.

Camila Rojas says:
      December 15, 2013

Yayyy Thanks Maggie! I’m glad you like it!

December 12, 2013

These look amazing, Cami! I love Carrot cake and I love that you used something other than cream cheese for the frosting! Pinned!

Camila Rojas says:
      December 15, 2013

Yayyyy coming form you I’m so honored LOL Thanks so much for stopping by!