Animals Memory Game. Learning Words playing + Printables

Emma is growing so fast and she learns in such speed that is hard to believe. She is almost 2 years old and she has an incredible memory and ability to solve problems. For this reason I thought it would be fun to start teaching her this fun memory game. I created this Animals memory using animal images and words {names} so she starts to connect them. I think that could be a good way to be playing and learning at the same time.

Animals Memory Game. Learning Words playing + Printables

Animals Memory Game. Learning Words playing + Printables

I play this with Ema in two ways. One. the traditional way, all the cards facing down.  But it was hard for her to understand what she had to do. However she did a great job. Two. All the cards facing up which she loved because she could actually recognize the images. I showed her one animal card and she had to find it through all the rest of the cards She got so excited each time she found the right card.

Here is how I made the memory cards. I used Illustrations by Dezignus to make these cards. Even though I’m sharing the printable, if you would like the illustration for another purposes please download them HERE.

First, I designed the cards.
Then I used a scrapbook digital paper for the back. In this case if the printer is not well calibrated you might get some white edges {not printed}. I would recommend for a better results using real scrapbook paper {cardstock}.
I placed 12 different cards on 3 sheets. You might thing that is a huge memory game. It is not supposed to be all at the same time. The reason for this is to make each play time different so it is always a bit challenging.
I printed each one twice and wrapped them with transparent contact paper to make the durable {at least a little bit longer}.
Them I cut them and organized them in 3 different groups of 24 cards {12 pairs}.
Ready to play!!!
We have had a lot of fun!!!

What do you think? Do you make educative games for your kids??? Did you used to like playing this kind of games???

I have 19 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Animals Memory Game. Learning Words playing + Printables

Mommy Anonymous says:
    September 1, 2014

Dear Camila,
    this looks like a lot of fun. I’d like to use these printables, too, but the download link doesn’t seem to work…
    Could you send me these to my given mail, por favor?
    I’d be sooo thankful 🙂
    Sincerely,
    Mommy Anonymous

September 3, 2014

Yayyy Glad you like it. I think I fixed the link, glad that you told me!. Please try again and if it doesn’t work let me know and I’ll send it to your mail. Excited that you like it!!!

Bernadette Garcia says:
    April 10, 2014

hi, I have pretty much stumbled on your site and love your idea for the memory cards. I especially love that they are in Spanish and English. my husband is Spanish Brazilian and wants me to teach our kids Spanish so this would be prefect. I was wondering though, i’m using windows 8 on an ASUS laptop and can’t download them. I don’t think my computer likes the mac file. I don’t suppose there’s a way to convert it so I can download it that you know of? thanks

April 11, 2014

Hi Bernadette, Thanks so much for stopping by. I’m so glad you like this simple but fun game!… I would be happy to send it to you if you can’t download it. What it’s weird is that it’s not a mac file… It’s a .zip file {compressed file} with a jpg files inside. it should download on any platform. I’ll have to check it out and see what is going on. Thanks anyway for letting me know about this! I’ll be sending the file shortly! XOXO

Emily Dicks says:
    December 6, 2013

Cami this is so cute! Thanks for linking up at Showcase Your Talent, you’ve been featured this week!

Susan Brahs says:
    November 29, 2013

Very sweet! I play memory with my daughter but Ive been looking for a new set to introduce. This is perfect! Thank you for sharing at Let’s Get Real link party!

Camila Rojas says:
      November 30, 2013

Yayyyy I’m so glad you could use it! Thanks for your sweet visit!!!

November 26, 2013

Very cute! We love to use memory games for learning and I often make them to fit with what we are studying at the time.

Camila Rojas says:
      November 30, 2013

Hi Rose, That is a great idea!. I might do that too!!! Thanks for your lovely visit!

November 24, 2013

Fun game 🙂 Always loved this as a child, now can make one to share with the grandbabies!

Camila Rojas says:
      November 25, 2013

Woot that is awesome. I used to love it too when I was a kid. That’s why I made this one for Emma! Enjoy!

Jelli B. says:
    November 24, 2013

This is so cute and perfect for my little bilingual toddler. Pinned!

Camila Rojas says:
      November 25, 2013

I’m so glad you found it useful. Hope your kids enjoy it!

Camila Rojas says:
      November 25, 2013

Yayyy glad you like it! Enjoy it!

November 4, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your file! I’m going to use them for my two young grandchildren.

Camila Rojas says:
      November 25, 2013

I’m glad you can use them! Thanks so much for stopping by Yayyyy!