Spooky Halloween Bats Garland {+ Cut Files}

Halloween is around the corner and I was definitely behind on decoration LOL. Then I though that since I hadn’t done a Halloween garland before, it would be nice to have some cute spooky bats hung around the house =D. I also thought you would like to DIY and have the cut files in case you like my little fellas ;P Enjoy this Spooky Halloween Bats Garland!

Spooky Halloween Bats Garland {+ Cut Files}

Cute Spooky Halloween Bats Garland {+ Cut Files}

I wanted to have my bats hung upside down with funny faces and different posses. I looked for some examples over the Internet and finally made my own.  So much fun!With the Silhouette everything is so much easier, isn’t it? And this garland once the shapes were done, it was about just having fun putting it together.

Here is how I made it:You only need black and white cardstock, wool, hot glue gun, regular glue and of course the Silhouette =D.I decided that between 18-20 cm tall it would be a good size for the bats so I place them on the silhouette Studio, luckily all four bats fit on the mat LOL.

Spooky-Halloween-Bats-Garland-Silhouette-Shapes

Download Spooky Halloween Bats Shapes {Studio File}

I cut this 4 times on back cardstock, so I would have 16 bats.

DSC_3015

DSC_3016

Then on another file I placed the eyes and cut once.

Spooky-Halloween-Bats-Garland-Silhouette-Eyes

Download Spooky Halloween Bats Eyes {Studio File}

DSC_3017

Once I had everything cut out I started gluing the eyes to the bats.

DSC_3018

DSC_3019

I had something like this:

DSC_3020

DSC_3022

I loooove this one LOL

DSC_3021

Then I took the wool and made my measurements on where I was going to place the garland {decided to put it on the window}.

DSC_3037

I had fun organizing the bats differently along the strip. And glued them with hot glue gun. I also added some fun eyes on the window to make it spookier LOL.

DSC_3038

DSC_3039

DSC_3041

DSC_3042

When finished gluing all the bats I hung it on the window and waited until sunset to take pictures. I really love how it turned out because at night with the little light that comes from outside, when the eyes adjust you can still see the white from their eyes LOL and during the sunset it’s just shapes like they where facing the window.

Spooky-Halloween-Bats-Garland-DIY

Spooky-Halloween-Bats-Garland-Tutorial

So, there you have it! A lot of fun and super cute Halloween Bats Garland!

Spooky-Halloween-Bats-Garland-DIY-Tutorial

What do you think???? What have you done to decorate your home????

And if you’d like to check out some more Silhouette creations, here’s a collection of projects by my Silhouette Challenge buddies:

Crafting with Glitter Just Got Easier by Create & Babble
Birthday Invitations Homer Simpson Style by Black & White Obsession
DIY Planner Dividers by The House on Hillbrook
3D Haunted Forest by Chicken Scratch NY
Pumpkins and Peacocks Fall Mantel by joy & gladness of heart
DIY Cheers Garland by Rain on a Tin Roof
Wedding Gift Wrapping by It Happens in a Blink
Glitter Monogrammed Pumpkin by unOriginal Mom
Halloween Family Rules by Tried & True
Faux Stitched Speech Bubbles by Get Silvered Craft
A Mario Bros. Backsplash by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
Halloween Spooky Eye Luminaries by A Tossed Salad Life
Addressing Invitations with a Silhouette Cameo by My Favorite Finds
Halloween Party Treat Bags by The Thinking Closet
“Create” Wooden Pallet by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
Decorated Pumpkins by Tanya’s Creative Space
Cute Wedding Card by Zanaree
Learn to Tie Your Shoes by From Wine to Whine
Fussy Cutting Making You Fussy? by My Paper Craze
Cut Fabric With Your Silhouette by Cutesy Crafts
Cookie Lee Jewelry’ Gift Bags with a Purpose: Sharing Thankfulness by An Elegant Touch
Halloween Banner by Sowdering About
300x100buttonsilhouettehooktool
Do you have a Silhouette machine?

I have 29 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Spooky Halloween Bats Garland {+ Cut Files}

Amy Perdew says:
    October 30, 2013

Love your bat garland! They are the cutest, spookiest little bats. You did a fantastic job. Thank you for linking up with us Inspiration in Progress last Thursday!

Kat E says:
    October 30, 2013

These are so cute! I love how they look up against the sky! So fun!! Thanks for linking up at TGIF link party!

October 30, 2013

Stopping by to let you know I featured you today on my Spooktacular Linky Party Final Features! Thanks so much for joining this years party!
    Kim

October 30, 2013

We love these little guys – terrific tutorial this week.

You’ve been featured on BeBetsy at the BRAG ABOUT IT No. 27

Thanks for linking up with us. Have a fun HALLOWEEN!

Sharon and Denise ♥

October 29, 2013

This is soo cute! I love it! Thanks so much for linking up this week!
    Kim

DogsMom says:
    October 25, 2013

This is so cute. I would just keep adding and adding!

I don’t have any kind of cutting machine but wishing for someday.

Ricki M says:
    October 25, 2013

How great are those little guys. I love them, and it’s times like these that I wish I had a silhouette. Maybe next year…
    Thanks for the great idea

October 25, 2013

Bats never looked so fine! Love what you can do with card stock.And those googly like eyes are so fun. Visiting via LOBS from over at #6 in the link up.

Hailey says:
    October 25, 2013

I can’t seem to open the files you’ve attached. Is there another way to receive them? I love this idea but am not super crafty/creative to make my own.

Lisa says:
    October 25, 2013

These are so cute!!!

11. I have a Silhouette and have yet to put it to good use! These are super cute! Thanks for linkin up to Sunday FUNday!

October 24, 2013

these are so fun. i love how on one side they seem creepy but then you see there eyes and you can not help but laugh! as always thanks for linking up to the all things pretty linky party!

Allison says:
    October 22, 2013

These are too cute! Thank you for sharing them! I can’t wait to make them tomorrow!

Jodi says:
    October 22, 2013

I love these bats! They are just tooo cute!

October 21, 2013

love the eyes the best! They are awesome! Thanks for hooking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

Eilis says:
    October 21, 2013

Love this. Looking forward to hanging it out front for the trick-or-treaters. Thanks!

October 21, 2013

Adorable! I just post some DIY Halloween decorations. I was going to follow you, but when I mouse over your media icons it just will let me pin it. Let me know when it is fixed or how to follow you and I will. Charlie @http://pickledokra.blogspot.com/

October 17, 2013

that garland turned out great! I wonder if it scares anyone from the street!

October 17, 2013

Oh my goodness – – those silly bat eyes simply make this garland a stand-out piece! So playful! So creative! So very Camila! Thanks for sharing this cut file with us, as well. You’re the best.

GetSilvered says:
    October 16, 2013

These cheeky bats are so cute. Lot’s of fun – I love their shapes!

kellie smith says:
    October 16, 2013

love the bats! thanks so much for sharing!

oscaralley says:
    October 14, 2013

These bats are too stinkin’ cute! I love the eyes!

Trisha D says:
    October 14, 2013

Stopping over from the Silhouette Challenge!

These are so stinkin’ cute!! Those eyes get me every time. They kinda remind me of the googly 3D eyes that move around when you shake them. Not sure if you know what I mean. Either way I wish I hadn’t used up my stash of black and white paper for my birthday invitations so I could make some of these just in time for Halloween!

Much Love,