Mod Podge Initials Door Plaque

Every boy loves to feels that they own something and usually that is his room. My brother was crazy about having a car plaque on his door but for some reason that never happens and I just wanted to give him something that would make the trick, something like my baby girls mod podge monogrammed wall. And when I saw those wooden letters I came up with the idea of making an Initials Door Plaque for his bedroom door. My brother loved that idea and he asked me if it could be hung with chains, “Of course!” =D.

Mod Podge Initials Door Plaque

Mod Podge Initials Door Plaque #modpodge #modpodgeideas

This one was as easy as my girls wall art. The only difference was that I has to use the chain and some hooks =D. It turned out quite nice for a boy. He chose the papers he wanted and I made the craft LOL.

Initials-Door-Plaque-06

Here is how I made it. Super easy, super crafty!.

What you need:

DSC_2368
I painted all the edges in red an blue and let them dry.
DSC_2369
DSC_2370
DSC_2371
I mod podged the frame and the letters. I applied the red paper on the blue edges letters and of course, the blue paper on the red edges just to make a twist. LOL.
DSC_2373
I let them dry and then I glued with hot glue gun a peace of chain to connect both letters. Just a detail to make it more boyish =D. Then I glued the letters to the frame.
DSC_2375
I placed the hooks on both top edges of the frame.
DSC_2378
I used some jump rings to attach the chain to the hooks.
DSC_2380
DSC_2382
DSC_2383
DSC_2384
And that was it! Done!
Initials-Door-Plaque-07
DSC_2391
The odd part was that my dad didn’t want to make any holes on the door, so I used some heavy-duty hangers. At the end I kind of liked it better like that than with a nail =D and my brother too Yayyyy!
So, my bro’s room looks like this:

Initials-Door-Plaque-04

Initials-Door-Plaque-05

Initials-Door-Plaque-02

Initials-Door-Plaque-06

Initials-Door-Plaque-03

What do you think? Like it???

If you would like to see more mod podge projects just click on the images below.

Monogramed-Girly-Wall-Art-01Daddys-Heart-Photo-Frame-01
Super-Crafty-Jewelry-Organizer-01   Painted-Drawers-for-Craft-Shelving-01

I have 24 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Mod Podge Initials Door Plaque

Daniela says:
    August 4, 2014

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

November 13, 2013

Modge podge the wonder glue! Love these initials and the chain detailing. Visiting via #LOBS

Camila Rojas says:
      November 26, 2013

Thanks so much Barb. Mod podge rocks indeed LOL. LOVE IT!!!!

November 13, 2013

it turned out really well. i love the little chain detail thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party

Camila Rojas says:
      November 26, 2013

Thanks so much Chrissy! Thanks you for hosting and letting me be part of it!!

November 10, 2013

This looks like such a simple but adorable things to make for your child or a friends child! I think I will keep this in mind for my niece’s 4th birthday in January so it is pinned!

Camila Rojas says:
      November 10, 2013

Thanks so much Crystal, This is a great and easy gift! I made one for my girl, a monogramme one and it turned out great I want to make like a dozen more LOL love mod podge! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment here and on Facebook!!!! You are awesome!

November 8, 2013

Very cute! A group of my friends and I were talking this evening about how it is difficult to find crafts for boys. We are organizing a Christmas craft show for the school children to shop for their family. What crafts for boys can we get, we asked? This is a great idea. The are so many different papers you could use and creations you could come up with. Thanks so much for sharing this great idea with our Let’s Get Real readers.

Camila Rojas says:
      November 10, 2013

Boys are difficult but fun too. Once you get what they like maybe can be a bit easier. But I definitely prefer girls LOL. Thanks so much for your sweet visit!

KC Coake says:
    November 7, 2013

LOVE your door plaque! It is so cute and anything made with Mod Podge is fun to make! Thanks so much for linking up at #RealFamilyFun. I’m sharing this on my social media sites on Saturday. Take care,
    KC

Camila Rojas says:
      November 10, 2013

Thanks so much! Mod podge rocks! I just love to use it!!! Thanks so much for sharing too!

November 5, 2013

I would have to do “Go Away” for my son! Thanks for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

Camila Rojas says:
      November 10, 2013

LOL in a few years I think I’m goint to have to make one of those too LOL. Thanks so much for stopping by!

November 5, 2013

What a cute idea!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

November 2, 2013

These door plaques are too cute, Camila! Thank you for the awesome tutorial!

Camila Rojas says:
      November 3, 2013

Hi Ritchil, Thanks so much! Thankfully my little bro like it. I’m glad you like it too!

Remy Cruz says:
    October 5, 2013

This is awesome! I just die to go back to the States, and be able to by things to do crafts like this one!

Camila Rojas says:
      November 3, 2013

This is like hearing myself LOL. Since I don’t live there I have to stock up every year!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

October 4, 2013

That is such a great idea! It can be so challenging to decorate for a boy when they get older.

Camila Rojas says:
      November 3, 2013

Thanks Glenna, I feel the same, for girls is so easy but for boys…. This one was easy and fun and he loved it!!!!