Titi’s Freezer Paper Stenciled Butterflies Onesie!

I’m truly in love with this Stenciled Butterflies Onesie. Emma and I love Butterflies and I was eager to use for the first time freezer paper. So this was the perfect way to mix it all don’t you think?

Titi’s Freezer Paper Stenciled Butterflies Onesie!

Titi's Freezer Paper Stenciled Butterflies Onesie Tutorial

I’ve been wanting to make some fabric painting for a while. Actually ever since I saw Lauren’s Onsies {from the Thinking Closet}, I was eager to make one. Then I saw the cute little pink shark shirt by Hilary and Jessica from Domestic Bliss Squared which was made using Freezer paper… WHATTTT? I had no idea what that was. Was that a cooking paper? Or a craft paper? LOL. Then a few days later I saw Lauren’s Keep Calm Onesie and I said -That’s it! I have to buy that thing!!!- LOL… and guess what?.. I did and brought it to Oman in case I couldn’t find it {and BTW guess what again?… Here there is Freezer Paper Ugh! LOL}.

Titis-Freezer-Paper-Stenciled-Butterflies-Onesie-05

Since it was my first time using freezer paper I preferred making something simple for Emma and see how it would turn out. So, I chose some butterflies and her nickname =D.  The next one could be my beloved animal the owl LOL!

So here is how I made it!.

You need an onesie, freezer paper, fabric paint, tiny buttons and Sharpies.

The first thing I did was to draw a rough of how I would like the design to be on the onesie.

DSC_2223

Then I made the design on my Silhouette just the way I liked it.

SIlhouette-Composition

I flipped the image before cutting because I place the wax facing up on the cutting mat.

SIlhouette-Composition-Flipped

I cut the design on my Silhouette and used the hook to remove the pieces of paper.

DSC_2226

DSC_2227

Then I placed the freezer paper on the front of the onesie and ironed it carefully.

DSC_2229

DSC_2230

Once done, I placed a piece of cardboard inside the onesie so the paint doesn’t leave marks on the back.

DSC_2231

I secured all the onesie remain with tape =P

DSC_2232

And finally started painting!!! I used Tulip fabric paint. I used to use it when I was like 14 LOL to paint Disney’s T-shirt.

DSC_2237

I started with the Butterflies in 2 different shades of pink.

DSC_2233

DSC_2234

And then the word Titi. I mixed the colors so I could get those I wanted.

DSC_2235

DSC_2236

I left it to dry. I followed the Domestic Bliss Squared advise to let the paint dry very well. So I waited like 2 hours or so and then pealed the freezer paper very carefully.

DSC_2238

Yayyyyy it’s almost done!

DSC_2239

DSC_2240

I decorated the butterflies with some tiny green buttons as the heads.

DSC_2241

DSC_2244

DSC_2245

And the final touch was painting the antennas with a bronze metallic Sharpie!

DSC_2246

Titis-Freezer-Paper-Stenciled-Butterflies-Onesie-06

Tadaaaaaaa… Done!

Titis-Freezer-Paper-Stenciled-Butterflies-Onesie-05

The only thing left was washing and wearing! And here it is, What do you think??? Cute or what???

Titis-Freezer-Paper-Stenciled-Butterflies-Onesie-03

Titis-Freezer-Paper-Stenciled-Butterflies-Onesie-04

DSC_2254

DSC_2255

Titis-Freezer-Paper-Stenciled-Butterflies-Onesie-02

I would love to hear your thoughts!!!

And if you’d like to check out some more Silhouette creations, here’s a collection of projects by my Silhouette Challenge buddies:

Organizing for Preschool by Life After Laundry
Stamped Wrapping Paper Tutorial by The Thinking Closet
Gender Reveal Fabric Banner by Create & Babble
Preschool Lovey Book by A Tossed Salad Life
Front Door Sign by Cutesy Crafts
Paper Pumpkin Banner by Chicken Scratch NY
A Stache Bash Shower by Home At Eight
Fall Decor with the Silhouette by Coley’s Corner
Happy Fall Y’all by Tanya’s Creative Space
Halloween Lights by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
Customized Disney T-Shirts by DailyDwelling
Craft Room Labels by Super Sweet Life
Toddler Growth Chart by Joy and Gladness of Heart
300x100buttonsilhouettehooktool

I have 25 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Titi’s Freezer Paper Stenciled Butterflies Onesie!

Maria says:
    October 10, 2013

Hi Cami, your daughter is so sweet and she seems to love her new onesie. It really came out great! Thanks so much for sharing at the Krafty Inspiration Thursday party. I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to this week.
    Happy Thursday
    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.

Mel Lockcuff says:
    October 8, 2013

Cami, this is so cute! I especially love the little buttons you added. So adorable. Thank you for linking up to Inspire Me Wednesday!

October 8, 2013

absolutely lovely! I’ve to find some freezer paper and follow your tutorial, so I can make sth for my baby girl!
    ps your little model is adorable!

Kristin says:
    October 8, 2013

So cute! And your little girl is beyond cute!

October 7, 2013

Great job on the onesie. She definitely looks so excited about it. Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party.

Camila Rojas says:
    September 30, 2013

Thanks so much for your comment. Now that you ask, I haven’t washed it much yet but it did become lighter so I guess with time I’ll have to retouch it or maybe make the antennas with embroidery. That was a good one! Thanks again!!!

V says:
    September 30, 2013

Your daughter is beautiful! Love the tutorial! One question, will the Sharpie marker ink washout over time? I’ve never thought to draw on fabric with a Sharpie. Thanks!

September 13, 2013

How adorable is that model! And what a cute onesie you have created!

September 12, 2013

Camila, I absolutely LOVE it! I’m honored that you found inspiration in my freezer paper stencil tutorial and that you took it and ran with it. The details of the buttons and antennae are my favorite part…. Oh, and your daughter is officially the cutest little girl in all of blogland. Great photo shoot!

Thanks for participating in this month’s Silhouette Challenge Group Post! Whoo hoo!

Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

Rose says:
    September 11, 2013

adorable!!!! and your little one is too CUTE 🙂

September 11, 2013

that came out absolutely gorgeous! really neat how you drew it and thought to flip it- I may have gotten turned around there! lets hope she does not grow out of it too soon!!!

September 11, 2013

Oh my goodness this is ADORABLE!! And what a little model you have! I have GOT to get a Silhouette!

September 11, 2013

This onesie is so cute! I can’t wait to try to create a Silhouette stencil..thanks for creating such a great project to inspire me!

Vanessa says:
    September 10, 2013

So absolutely adorable, both the onesie and the model!

Susanne B says:
    September 10, 2013

Hi – just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Head on over to my blog to accept.

Sue
    bebeandj.com

oscaralley says:
    September 10, 2013

Adorable and I love the additions. Great tutorial!

Monica says:
    September 9, 2013

These are adorable!!! I have to try the freezer paper!

September 9, 2013

I just love this adorable onesie! You did a fabulous job :)The little buttons and the antennas totally make it look professional and adorable all in one. Doesn’t hurt one bit to have such a cutie to model it wherever you go!

Tori Grant says:
    September 9, 2013

This turned out so cute! I love the butterflies. Titi is adorable! Great job!!

September 9, 2013

Oh how sweet that turned out! I have a “thing” for butterflies and I love this, especially the added details with the buttons! Nicely done!

September 9, 2013

I LOVE THIS! I just bought some freezer paper on Thursday and I can’t wait to try this. I love that you took it an extra step to add the buttons and antenna. Titi looks so adorbs in her new custom onesie.