DIY No Sew Table Runner

My mom loves table runners… I like them but mom LLLLOVES them LOL. She wanted a simple and easy one to give some life to her dining table over her vacation house in Miami. Since there we don’t have a sewing machine I made this cute no sew table runner =D for her. Awesomely easy LOL.

DIY No Sew Table Runner

DIY No Sew Table Runner

I really love how it looks on the table and the orchids give just the right touch to make the place so warm and homey!

Here is how I made it:

You Only need fabric of your choice, double sided iron-on fabric adhesive, scissors, 2 safety pins, measuring tape and of course an iron LOL.

I cut 60 inches (1,5 m.) long by 24 inches (60 cm.) wide piece of fabric and folded in half wide. Wrong side of the fabric facing me.

I ironed it and drew a triangle on both ends.

I cut along the lines leaving a margin of 0,4 Inches (1 cm.).

I ironed the borders of the fabric to the inside.

I folded it again but with right side out.

Then I applied the iron-on adhesive following its instructions. First placed it on one the back side of the fabric and iron it for 2 seconds. Waited to cool

Then I pealed off the paper liner.

Placed the other side on top, pressed and hold the iron for 8 seconds on each section until the entire piece was bonded.

And The main piece was done!!!

Then I cut many strips of the same fabric (you can make it with another fabric) and made 2 bunches.

I knotted one by one to the safety pins until it looked like pom-poms.

Then I applied the safety pins to both ends of the table runner.

Here you go!… A simple and cute no sew table runner. =D You can also add some more details!!!

What do you think? Do you like table runners as much as mi mom??? How do you like them?

About sewing I also made this hand-made sewed Wall Diaper Bag for Emma’s bedroom that you might like as well. It’s so cute and not difficult if you have a sewing machine LOL.

I have 29 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY No Sew Table Runner

Karen Grosz says:
    March 5, 2016

What a beautiful table runner. Will be pinning this. Thanks for sharing at Let’s Get Real Friday Party.

March 7, 2016

Thank you so much!!!!

Ginger says:
    October 4, 2014

Fantastic tutorial. I love that it’s double sided and that the fringe is put on with a safety pin. Anyone can do this!

If you’re interested, I’d love to invite you over to Show Me Saturday. It’s a new link party collaboration a few of us gals started. Have a great weekend!

Christie says:
    September 30, 2014

This is such a sweet table runner that looks simple to make, but provides a big impact. I love that it is no sew, too! Great job on this one!

Trish says:
    September 29, 2014

This turned out to be so cute. I love the fabric.

September 28, 2014

I Love it!! Thanks for Sharing and I’m visiting from the DIY Sunday Showcase..Thrilled to have a new friend..Smiles.Cindy

September 27, 2014

awesome tutorial on how to make a no sew table runner! love the cloth you choose as well. Great idea to pin on the pom pom, easily removed or replaced with something else if desired. Love it!

danielle says:
    June 19, 2014

I love no sew project! Thanks so much for linking this up to the Friday Frenzy!

June 13, 2014

So clever and I love the sunny yellow color. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. ♥

June 14, 2014

Thanks so much Katherine… Glad you like it! Have a wonderful weekend!

June 12, 2014

Thanks so much!

9. This is beautiful, Cami! So simple, but adds so much to the room! Great job!

June 12, 2014

Yayy Thanks Kristi! So glad you like it! It was fun too make and my mom loved it! Thanks so much for your sweet visit!

Christine says:
    June 8, 2014

Too cute and I love the bright yellow fabric you chose!

June 12, 2014

Thanks so much Christine! I’m so glad you like it! The fabric does bring so much light to the dinning =D!

Caroline says:
    December 19, 2013

This is so cute! I was looking for an idea for a baby shower I am throwing. I am not very crafty and definitely cannot sew but I am hoping I can pull this off. THanks!

October 7, 2013

The table runner looks great! I am no seamstress so I live and die by that iron on adhesive. Thanks so much for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party.

Maria says:
    October 3, 2013

Great pattern and tutorial Cami! Since I don’t sew this is perfect for me. I can’t wait to see what great fall patterns they have at the craft store now. Thanks so much for sharing at the Krafty Inspiration Thursday party. I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to this week, the party is live at 6 am est.
    Happy Thursday
    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.

September 29, 2013

How cool and easy is this?! Thanks for sharing at this week’s All My Bloggy Friends! Enjoy your weekend! 🙂

September 26, 2013

Hi, the table runner that you made is so nice and you were really creative making it! I saw it on i gotta create.
    Julie from

Julia Klimek says:
    September 26, 2013

That’s a cute idea – I’m going to make one too! I will pin.. Julia

September 24, 2013

What a great idea! Your tutorial is really good too.Visiting you from In and Out of the Kitchen

Linda Sears says:
    September 22, 2013

so cute and festive. love it! thanks for the tutorial.

Granny-Guru says:
    September 21, 2013

Love this no-sew idea, but I”ve never used iron-on tape. Did you place it between the back side of the fabric and the folded-over edge, like double-sided tape? Thanks, Cute runner. Love the easy pom-poms!

Jazmin Rode says:
    September 7, 2013

This is so cute! I have been meaning to try a no-sew project forever now… probably since Pinterest first started!

Abby Lawson says:
    September 5, 2013

Miss Cami, you had me at “no-sew”! I love it! And I love that I can make it without a sewing machine! Thanks so much for the tut!

~Abby =)