Keep Drawers Organized Upcycling Boxes

I’ve mentioned in the past that I love keeping things organized and that I love boxes. When I saw this idea on The Thinking Closet where she was upcycling boxes, I got a super inspiration to upcycle a bunch of boxes that I had around the house to keep my drawers organized =D.

Keep Drawers Organized Upcycling Boxes

Keep Drawers Organized Upcycling Boxes Tutorial

When you have a specific place for each thing or group of similar things, it is easy to keep the organization.  I love to have things handy and when I get that level of organization I usually keep it.

Lauren shared a great idea to keep craft drawers organized saving money, you can see her post HERE for more details.

Here I’m sharing how I made it. It didn’t turn out as I wanted since the contact paper I chose wasn’t the best. It was not sticky enough so it was hard to make it stay straight. I would give it a try again with some better contact paper.

Anyway, I liked the final result, since I got all my stuff organized and handy =D. I completely forgot to take the “before” picture but if you have an office drawer you know how it would have been LOL.

So, here it is, hope you like it.

What you need:

• Different boxes
  • Contact paper
  • Felt
  • Hot glue gun

The first thing I did was cut all the boxes in the same height. I chose one as reference and then with a marker I drew a line to cut them.

Once I had them cut, I wrapped every box inside and outside with two different contact paper.

Then I cut some felt to put them in the bottom of the boxes. I glued the felt with the hot glue.

They are ready.

Then was just make them fit into the drawer it’s fun because it’s like a puzzle =D.

What do you think?

I have 41 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Keep Drawers Organized Upcycling Boxes

beccalouise says:
    June 10, 2013

I did that a while ago in my junk drawer. But I didn’t measure any of the heights of the boxes and I didn’t make it pretty with contact paper. So I might have to go back and improve things.

July 30, 2013

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. Glad that some of my tips could help you a bit!!! yayy!

hugs

June 11, 2013

This turned out great, Camila! I’m so glad you found inspiration from my post. In fact, I’m working on a Reader Showcase Post, and I’d love to feature this. You’ve given me some inspiration with felt in the bottom of the boxes. I might have to try that next time I make some. Well done!

Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

June 13, 2013

Hey Camila! Just wanted to let you know I featured this project in my Reader Showcase post today. Thanks for being so awesome! Feel free to stop by to check it out and grab a featured button whenever life permits.

Reader Showcase: Spring 2013

Warmly,
      Lauren
      The Thinking Closet

July 30, 2013

Thanks so much Linda. I’ll be there next weekend!!! have a wonderful week!!

hugs

June 18, 2013

They look great! Organization makes me so happy, lol :) I love both contact paper patterns — I’ve rarely found contact paper that cute.
    Lora @ Craftivity Designs

July 30, 2013

Thanks so much, I’m so glad you like it! I love organization too! I’m a bit obsessed LOL!!!

xoxo

June 20, 2013

I think this is great! You could use wrapping paper or scrapbooking paper, too, and just tape it on, I guess. I might do this in my top dresser drawer, to organize socks. Thanks for the great idea! -Dawn

July 30, 2013

Awesome ideas! yes possibilities are endless, the best part it that each one is unique! Thanks so much for stopping by Dawn!

hugs

Heather May says:
    June 20, 2013

LOVE your idea! I reuse cereal boxes for so many things but hadn’t even thought of this! Its a must do!

July 30, 2013

Awesome isn’t it? It’s so good to reuse, upcycle and recycle! Thanks so much Heather!

xoxo

BeBetsy says:
    June 21, 2013

Denise and I love to have a place for everything and these little boxes are perfect! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. (Sharon)

So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

Thanks for allowing us to add a link-back to BeBetsy!

Have a great weekend~xo
    Sharon and Denise!

July 30, 2013

Thanks so much Sharon, I’m always happy to have you here and the most thatyou like it and that it inspired you!!!

July 30, 2013

Thanks so much Sarah! organization is my obssetion! LOL I can’t help myself!

July 30, 2013

Thanks so much Sinea, always good to have you around. Glad you like it!!!

Kisses

Leigh Anne says:
    June 28, 2014

I love this idea! So organized AND cute!

June 28, 2014

Thanks so much Leigh, I love it. I’m already saving some more boxes to organize some other drawers LOL. Glad you like this!

June 29, 2014

I’m going to need these organized boxes when the kiddos start school in August! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing on Show-Licious!
    ~ Ashley

June 29, 2014

Thanks so much Ashley, Boxes are always a great solution for organization and it’s always good to re/up-cycle right! Thanks so much for stoping by!

June 29, 2014

This is my kind of organization! I always hold on to boxes because I know they will come in handy at some point! Contact paper is a new idea for me! Thank you for sharing!

June 29, 2014

Thanks so much Jayleen, I keep boxes too they always help a lot haha! Thanks so much for stopping by!

July 2, 2014

I’s always good to help! I love organization as well! Thanks so much for stopping by!

July 2, 2014

Thanks so much Steph! Oh yes you can!!!

July 1, 2014

You mean it is actually possible to keep drawers organized?!? What a great idea, I never would have thought of it but I am totally gonna use it! Thanks for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday! Can’t wait to see what you have for us next week! – Kristina

July 2, 2014

LOL yeah it is. I don’t know how long it would last though LOL. In my case I made it last until I moved but you know we always move things around but it does help a lot!!!

Thanks so much for our sweet visit!

Megin says:
    July 2, 2014

Great post, Cami! I love to organize ~ and recycle.
    Thank you for sharing your post this week at Brag About It Link Party on VMG206. I’m featuring you at Next Weeks Brag About It Link Party, Monday at midnight!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

Laura says:
    July 4, 2014

Great post! I know it’s an older one but I’m sharing it today on my Friday Favorites post. Thanks!

July 4, 2014

Yayyy Thanks so much for featuring my drawers LOL. Yes it’s an old one. I usually bring it out my old posts so they don’t get too dusty LOL
      Thanks again!

July 10, 2014

Hi Camila – This is a great idea! I’ve done this a little bit in the past, but have really gotten away from it – this is a great reminder to start using this strategy again. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let’s Get Real party. This is going to be my featured post at this week’s party.

July 11, 2014

Awwww that’s so sweet of you! Thanks so much for the feature and for taking the time to stop by and leave some love!!!

July 10, 2014

Congratulations! This post is going to be featured over at Diana Rambles tomorrow and has been pinned in the Featured at Diana Rambles board at Pinterest, Tweeted, and Recommended on G+. Please grab a featured button off my sidebar or via the link under the features. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea!

July 11, 2014

WOOHOOOOO How exciting Diana! Thanks so much. I’m sure stopping by later! Also thanks for visiting and leaving some love!