Money Saving Tip: How to Refill your Bottle of Swiffer Wetjet.

I don’t know about you but I just love the Swiffer WetJet  (you might think this is a sponsor post but it’s not, quite the contrary). I’m always looking for many ways to save money and Since I live in Spain and here we don’t have the swiffer and I wanted it badly, I would have to buy MANY replacement bottles and bring them here. I don’t know if you have notice that those bottles can not be opened just like any other bottle to be refilled. It just doesn’t coil easily o.O.

Money Saving Tip: How to Refill your Bottle of Swiffer Wetjet.

Money Saving Tip: How to Refill your Bottle of Swiffer Wetjet.

So looking through internet an youtube I found many tips to open it and refill the bottle but I didn’t trust them until I found one that made more sense and my mom and I gave it a try, and it worked!!!. So, I’m sharing this with you, at least those of you who like this thing and don’t know how to refill and stop buying the bottles.

The Reason why I love this so  much is because it’s practical, it’s easy to use and I don’t need to use the bucket full of water and squeeze the mop, I do it twice a month anyway though but it’s better than doing it 2 to 3 times a week. When I mop I do it with very hot water and mop twice every room, a deep cleaning. Then I just use the swiffer to keep the house clean and fresh. It makes the cleaning super easier. I could replace the pads with some microfiber towel as well but I really like them so that’s the only thing I haven’t replaced, they are not so expensive anyway and every pad I can use it 2 to 3 times (my apartment is not big lol).

Refilling it is Super Easy and you can use your favorite cleaning products. I love Lysol Lavender and thankfully I have one that smells just like it!.

So here is the best way to refill your bottle!!!

Put some water to boil, make sure it covers 1/4 of the bottle from the lid.
Once is boiling, turn it off and immerse the bottle upside down into the water without touching the bottom of the pot.
Wait for a couple of minutes
With a wet cloth (if it’s warm is better) just open it up.
Tadaaaa!!!!
Now refill it with water and your favorite product.
Close it until you heart it click a couple of times and it’s done.
Put it back in your Swiffer and it’s ready to be used!!!
SUPER EASY, RIGHT???
What do you think? Useful, or what???

I have 29 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Money Saving Tip: How to Refill your Bottle of Swiffer Wetjet.

March 26, 2014

What a great tip!! I love my Swiffer Wetjet but don’t like buying another bottle of cleaner all the time… Love this tip! Have to share it 🙂

March 26, 2014

I’m so glad I could help you save a little! I love my swiffer too and that was a great discovery for me too! I still have and use my first bottle can you believe it?

Kate says:
    March 25, 2014

This is amazing! I cannot tell you how many times I’ve thought, “if only I could just add vinegar/water to this empty swiffer container.” I could literally KISS YOU, I’m that excited!!! Will try this as soon as my current one runs out. Thank you!

March 26, 2014

LOL I’m glad I could help =D. Let me know how it goes!

March 25, 2014

awesome tip! Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to fill my bottle with my own cleaner!!

March 26, 2014

Glad to help =D!!!

March 23, 2014

Yayyy Glad to help!

krystie says:
    March 23, 2014

Wow, very clever, I tried other ways and have not been successful! Thanks!

March 23, 2014

Oh this way way you will be able to refill it many times I’m still using the same first bottle! =D

Christine says:
    May 27, 2013

OH!!! Great tip Cami!!! I’m going to try it!

Thanks for linking up at The DIY Dreamer last week! Can’t wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

Leah S says:
    May 26, 2013

Great Idea! I love my swiffer but I want to use a more green product, such as simple vinegar and water so this is great that I can reuse the bottles! Thanks for sharing at the Friday Follow Along last week! Please come share again at http://www.leahinspired.com

Kathy Moody says:
    May 22, 2013

What a fabulous idea! Just pinned. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Hope you are having a great week.
    XO
    Kathy

May 19, 2013

I’ve never tried the swiffer wetjet but have heard great things about it.
    Thank you so much for coming by and linking up to the Pinworthy Projects Party!

May 22, 2013

It is an awesome product Shannah! I really recommend it. (and I’m not sponsored by them LOL I wish!). It really makes my life easier!

hugs

Heather May says:
    May 17, 2013

I LOVE IT! I actually switched to a steam mop to avoid buying the cleaning product…Our entire house is hardwoods so it was getting pricey! LOVE THE TIPS!

Suzan Clark says:
    May 14, 2013

My daughter shared your link….this is such a neat thing. I’m definitely going to try it. Would really save a lot of money.

May 15, 2013

LOL so cool that I’m helping a few out there. Thanks so much for stopping by and hope to have you back sometime!!!

May 13, 2013

This is the best thing I have ever seen. I love my wet jet but I feel so guilty spending the money on the refills. Thanks for sharing. I’m pinning it to share, too.

May 15, 2013

Yayyy Callie Thanks.. it is indeed a great discovery. I LOOOOVE my wetjet, I brought mine form USA las summer and it has been AWESOME to have it but I don’t have replacement here so it was good to figure out how to refill it!

So glad I could help!