DIY Owl Lampshade Decoration.

I think I’ve mentioned a few times, I have a thing for owls =D,  I love that I can always make use of their different images and even ventured out and drew my own owl: D which is the one I used to make this Owl Lampshade and I’m shown how!.

DIY Owl Lampshade Decoration.

DIY Owl Lampshade Decoration Tutorial #lampshadeidea #lampshadedecoration #owllampshade

I did not really planning on using it just as a lamp rather wanted to make a decorative item for my daughter’s room =D. In fact I want to make about 2 more to place them in different heights next to it. What do you think, would it look good?

Here I describe how I did my girl’s Owl Lampshade, it’s really easy and it takes very little time, Yeah!.

I made the Printable for the owl elements that can be downloaded HERE. There are elements of this file such as the wings, that you can do it with another material not only cardstock, as foam, felt, or what you like, is entirely up to you. I did everything with cardstock.

Supplies:

• A solid lamp china ( I used 14 ” or 35.56 cm and the size of the print is based on this measure . )
  • Cardstock ( In my case )
  • Hot glue gun
  • Universal Glue ( Imedio , UHU , etc strong )
  • Scissors and / cutter (of course : P)

First I printed and cut out my items . In the printable you will find 2 owls as the lamp has 2 sides of the owls.

Then I intalled the lamp by following the instructions and bring (each has its trick).

Once ready , I started hitting what would be the bellies ( the hearts and go backwards , was not accidental lol). Keep in mind that being a fully round lamp, there are items that are not going to fit perfectly. Many areas do not touch the lamp but it’s ok. What I did was put 3 lines cola universal one in the center and the other a couple of inches more on both sides. On the ends (top and bottom) put a couple of little points of strategic hot glue. Why not use only a hot glue? Because then if you want to put as true heat lamp bulb would melt the glue again.

Now the head. I did almost the same process, but as I wanted the yardstick to be slightly raised, I added the glue from half to the peak which should be on top of the belly.

The wings. The good thing is that the wings are slightly loose. So I only glued from the upper end to the middle and stuck it slightly behind the head nearby the belly. This is mostly about taste, people may place them where they like the most. You need a little patience, the universal glue doesn’t dry immediately, we need to hold the item for a few minutes, otherwise will fall. And you also need to be careful because the paper of this lamp is made ​​of an extremely thin and delicate one. It’s not difficult, just requires patience.

Last but not least, I glued the toes putting glue only in the upper half. I placed them in bottom of the lamp where it would touch the tummy.

I was making both owls at the same time but you can do one and then the other. whatever you feel better.

I placed it on the headboard of my little girl’s bed hung from the ceiling with organza ribbon. That’s where I’d like to add two more owls perhaps in different diameters and different heights. What would they say, cute?

I have 37 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Owl Lampshade Decoration.

Kelsey says:
    March 1, 2015

Love this idea and its simple – pinned in during my search for cute owl ideas for my daughters birthday. She will love it for her birthday then move them to her room to enjoy all year long!

Bargain Hoot says:
    May 5, 2013

So cute!! I love the owl design!!
    Please share it at my new blog party!!
    I shared an owl today too!
    xo

Mel Lockcuff says:
    April 26, 2013

That is so adorable! I love owls. Thanks so much for linking up to Inspire Me Wednesday!

April 26, 2013

Your owl lamp shade is so Cute!! I pinned it. Thanks for linking up at the Wildly Original party over at I Gotta Create!

<3 Christina

April 25, 2013

Yayyyyyyy So cool! Thank you so much Stephanie, I’m Honored and super Excited!!!!

Also Thank you so much for stopping by and leave this comment!

April 24, 2013

This is so cute!! What a great idea to turn a lantern into an owl 😉 Really love this project. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders. Hope you’re enjoying your week so far.

April 25, 2013

Thank you so much Jessica! I’m very glad you liked it!!!! Yayyyy! Thank you for stopping by and leave such alovely comment!

TitiCrafty says:
      April 22, 2013

Oooh there are so many things we can do with those Chinese lampshades!!!!! Thank you so much for your sweet words!!! Hope to have you back coon!

TitiCrafty says:
      April 22, 2013

Thank you so much Nicole! Great to have you here!

Hope to have you around soon!

Pamela says:
    April 20, 2013

Simply adorable! What a fun gift, too. Love the colors you used, too.

TitiCrafty says:
      April 22, 2013

Yayyy Thank you Pamela, I’m so glad you liked it!

Hope to have you around soon!

TitiCrafty says:
      April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and the invitation! I’m heading your way now!!!

Hope to have you around soon!

Granny-Guru says:
    April 20, 2013

These are so cute. I love the way you build on available materials.

TitiCrafty says:
      April 22, 2013

Thank you so much Christy! I’m happy to have you here!

TitiCrafty says:
      April 22, 2013

Yayyyyy Kristin! So cool to have you around!!! Thanks for your lovely comment! I’ll be there!

8. Oh that is just so cute

TitiCrafty says:
      April 19, 2013

Thank you so much Mel! Hope to have you here again soon!!

TitiCrafty says:
      April 18, 2013

So good to have you here Jamie!!! thank you so much for stopping by, I’m glad you liked it yayyy!

Hope you can stop by on Sunday to my new link Party Bewitch Me & Titi!

Di says:
    April 18, 2013

Too cute!

TitiCrafty says:
      April 18, 2013

Thank you so much!!! hope to have you around soon!

Theresa says:
    April 17, 2013

This is so cute. Come link up to my party sometime @ DearCreatives.com I’d love to have you! You can find the party on Fridays posts. Thanks for the follow on Google+

TitiCrafty says:
      April 18, 2013

Yayyyy thank you so much for stopping by and the invitation! I’ll sure be there!!! I’m glad you liked my cutie!! =D.

Hope you can stop by on Sunday for my new link Party Bewitch Me & Titi!!!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DIY Owl Lampshade Decoration.