The Little Owls Themed Party for 1st Birthday

The first birthday of my baby was coming and I made this Owl Themed Party I called The Little Owls Party. I wanted to do something really special even though I knew she would not remember that moment but at least we would have photos to keep memories of her first birthday and show them to her when she’s bigger.

The Little Owls Themed Party for 1st Birthday

The Little Owls Themed Party for 1st Birthday

I considered  many of the cartoons that she usually sees in the channels for babies,  Doc McStuffins, Jelly Jamm , The Mickey Mouse clubhouse, and so on . The truth is that at that point it was what I liked more instead of her LOL. I remembered that I had already had made ​​a theme for decorating her room with flowers and some Owls so the decision came down to 3 reasons: Jelly Jamm, Doc McStuffins and Owls : D.

After thinking and thinking , search for images on the Internet and imagine how things would be once assembled, I decided it would be nice something purely done by me to celebrate her first year. I started three months previews the celebration, I knew that with the routine  of the house and Emma would not be easy nor smart to leave it to the last minute, I was also a few days of complete rest because of a illness which I took full advantage of it to make the designs.

I was working little by little and following the Brazilian style , invitations, decorations , organizations, placing the cake is usually chopped and protected in individual boxes within a larger box that simulates the large cake; of course I always came up new things to make and that made ​​it seem it wouldn’t end on time.

I thoroughly enjoyed every step despite the work involved to make everything by hand because at that time still did not have my Silhouette Cameo ( Cutting Plotter) and every little flower , little leaf , little owl and decoration element were cut with scissors and utility knife (X -acto) . At the end the effort was seen fully paid , everything was as I wanted and here I share those results.

Hope you like it !

DSC_0090

The-Little-Owls-Themed-Party-1-birthday-handmade

DSC_0091

The-Little-Owls-Themed-Party-1-birthday-Cute

The tablecloth did it with crepe paper on a sheet of Styrofoam (anime). The brown border, ribbon and table skirt were fastened with small pins to the Styrofoam.

DSC_0095

Tree made with cardboard and brown Cardstock!. Grass made with green crepe paper. Flowers and butterflies glued to the wall and sticks on the table.

DSC_0106

Home-made truffles and candies! The cake is inside the Red-brown box. It’s a tradition in Brazil to have the cake already in pieces inside a fake cake.

DSC_0093

DSC_0094

DSC_0099

Small thank you for coming gifts. Inside a cute clip to hold a Photo of the guest and my girl!

DSC_0108

DSC_0101

Handmade  banner. I made them and print them., Then Glued them together and  hung them on the ceiling. Also placed some balloons only on the walls close to the ceiling.

I have 25 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on The Little Owls Themed Party for 1st Birthday

June 3, 2014

Oh my goodness! Cutest birthday ever! Forget the kids… I want this for my 35th birthday next month!

Best Wishes,

Crystal

June 2, 2014

Thanks so much Tonna… Those owls are my favorite… I was making them for her room and now I’m using them everywhere LOL. Thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer says:
    May 30, 2014

What a beautiful theme. You are so talented.!

June 2, 2014

Awww thank you Jennifer! I’m so glad you like it! Also thanks for your sweet visit!

May 30, 2014

Oh yeah definitely… I’ll proudly show her that her first birthday party was super special!
      Thanks so much for stopping by!

Cris says:
    May 27, 2014

Everything looks so nice! Congrats for your great work!

May 28, 2014

Thanks Cris! Glad you like it!
      Hugs!

May 28, 2014

Thanks so much! loving having you visiting!

Melissa says:
    May 26, 2014

So cute! Pinning these ideas! Love how the flowers are sticking up on the top of the table.

May 27, 2014

Thanks so much Melissa! I’m glad you like it!… This party was made with so much love =D. Appreciate the pin Love too.

5. What a wonderful and colorful party! Love the owls…what little girl wouldn’t? So sweet and cute!

May 27, 2014

Thanks so much Cindy! We love owls too. actually we are kind of obsessed here LOL. Thanks so much for the sweet comment and visit!

June 7, 2013

Oh. My. Goodness. SUCH an adorable party! Love the banner and balloons hanging from the ceiling and all the little owls are too cute! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

Lauren says:
    March 27, 2013

Love all things owls – what an adorable party!

I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week’s Off the Hook!

TitiCrafty says:
      March 27, 2013

Hello Lauren, Yeah right? Owls are so special, I love them, I’ve made a lot of thing with them here. I’ll show them soon :D.

I’m already linked up at Off the hook!. Great Link Party. There are tons of amazing crafts and ideas. I love it!

Thank you so much for the invitation and for your kind words, It means a lot to me!

March 26, 2013

Everything looks amazing Cami. I just love the owls! The colors you picked were perfect. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

TitiCrafty says:
      March 27, 2013

Hi Jenny, I’m so grad you liked it yieiiii!!!!. For me it was a very special party!

I have a thing for owls too!, I just can’t help myself!

Thank you for stopping by and leave me this lovely comment!

March 23, 2013

What a beautiful party!!! So precious! I’m sure Emma loved it. Thank you so much for sharing!

Melissa
    redflycreations(dot)com

TitiCrafty says:
      March 23, 2013

Thank you Melissa :D. So glad you liked it, I made it with so much love.

So funny I was on your blog when your comment came in :D. I was reading your post about your bedroom accent wall painting! So amazing!… It is going to be in my Sunday Inspirations Tomorrow. :D.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

vanessa says:
    February 7, 2013

Quedo bellisimo Cami… buenísima idea lo de la torta ya picada en cajitas… totalmente desconocido aqui en Vzla (por lo menos para mi)… me encanta tu blog… el exito esta de tú lado… abrazos fuertes… Vanessa

TitiCrafty says:
      February 24, 2013

Hola Vanessa, gracias 😀 si En Brasil es o al menos era tradicion tener la torta ya cortada y puesta en cajitas y la torta como tal donde se sopla la vela es de mentira :D. Asi se hace más facil la reparticion y menos sucio. Practicidad ante todo! Gracias por vistarme, espero verte pronto por este rincon!
      Besos